Training in LA for Church Carry

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    I'm looking for some training that will do for my annual training required for church carry.
    I'm located in Transylvania, LA.

I need something by April.

I would like to find something close but I am not opposed to traveling some if necessary.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Last edited:

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Anything in April or early May anywhere in LA on a Saturday?

Just need something that will meet the requirements for Church Carry.

Willing to drive.

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Advantage Group is a good choice, they just did a class for a handful of friends.
    Gordon Hutchinson also does a good class; he has a minimum count for a class.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Our security team has trained in-house and also with Distant Thunder and Broken Arrow in the Lafayette area. We always train as a team. If I understand the law correctly, the only criteria for this training is that it be approved by church leadership which could be anything to church specific training scenarios to a cook out where everyone does some plinking.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Our security team has trained in-house and also with Distant Thunder and Broken Arrow in the Lafayette area. We always train as a team. If I understand the law correctly, the only criteria for this training is that it be approved by church leadership which could be anything to church specific training scenarios to a cook out where everyone does some plinking.

Read #5.

U.(1) The entity which owns the business or has authority over the administration of a church, synagogue, or mosque shall have the authority to authorize any person issued a valid concealed handgun permit as authorized by the provisions of this Section to carry a concealed handgun in the church, synagogue, or mosque.
    ************(2) The provisions of this Subsection shall not be construed to limit or prohibit any church, synagogue, or mosque from employing armed security guards who are either certified law enforcement officers or who are authorized to carry concealed handguns pursuant to the provisions of this Section.
    ************(3) If the church, synagogue, or mosque authorizes the carrying of concealed handguns as authorized by the provisions of this Subsection, the pastor, priest, minister, or other authority of the church, synagogue, or mosque shall inform the congregation of the authorization.
    ************(4) The provisions of this Section shall not be construed to authorize the carrying of a concealed handgun in a church, synagogue, or mosque located on the property of any school or school property, which would otherwise be prohibited by the provisions of R.S. 14:95.2.
    ************(5) Any church, synagogue, or mosque authorizing the carrying of concealed handguns pursuant to the provisions of this Subsection shall require an additional eight hour Tactical Training for those persons wishing to carry concealed handguns in the church, synagogue, or mosque. The training shall be conducted annually.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Read #5.

U.(1) The entity which owns the business or has authority over the administration of a church, synagogue, or mosque shall have the authority to authorize any person issued a valid concealed handgun permit as authorized by the provisions of this Section to carry a concealed handgun in the church, synagogue, or mosque.
    ************(2) The provisions of this Subsection shall not be construed to limit or prohibit any church, synagogue, or mosque from employing armed security guards who are either certified law enforcement officers or who are authorized to carry concealed handguns pursuant to the provisions of this Section.
    ************(3) If the church, synagogue, or mosque authorizes the carrying of concealed handguns as authorized by the provisions of this Subsection, the pastor, priest, minister, or other authority of the church, synagogue, or mosque shall inform the congregation of the authorization.
    ************(4) The provisions of this Section shall not be construed to authorize the carrying of a concealed handgun in a church, synagogue, or mosque located on the property of any school or school property, which would otherwise be prohibited by the provisions of R.S. 14:95.2.
    ************(5) Any church, synagogue, or mosque authorizing the carrying of concealed handguns pursuant to the provisions of this Subsection shall require an additional eight hour Tactical Training for those persons wishing to carry concealed handguns in the church, synagogue, or mosque. The training shall be conducted annually.

I was just about to post they could ask you about it. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom