Reynersons coming back?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I looked. He makes regular post but nothing about the shop in the past few months. Didn't look further back than December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw this on his FB when a friend of his asked about the flood.

David Reynerson Home stayed dry, the store is flooded, 4.5'. Lost most inventory, tools, machines, and office equipment.
    Did you flood?
    September 17, 2016 at 9:51pm

Last edited:

vgodenwa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Gloster, MS
    If his home stayed dry, he was significantly ahead of many.
    Don't understand why he isn't back in business.
    Thanks to the poster who offered the phone number. I'll try it Monday.

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I spoke with David on several occasions since the flood. He has been devoting his time and energy in other ventures. As far as I know he will not be opening the Gunsmithing shop back up. If you're in the Central area I'd be more than happy to take care of any Gunsmithing needs that you may have. I work by appointment only so feel free to give me a call.

vgodenwa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Gloster, MS
    Uhhmmmm.....can you resurrect a BLR from the dead???!!!
    If you speak with him again (I'm going to try the above phone number Monday) ask him to contact me about the old model Browning BLR he had for a couple of years trying to get the new barrel he installed to stop sticking rounds in the chamber.

I'm at a loss what he thinks he will do with all the repair guns BTW. I'm mean these are serial numbered weapons.
    Did he just plan to throw them away? Sell them for scrap?? ATF issues???
    Just doesn't seem like there is a plan.
    Von

Last edited:

vgodenwa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Gloster, MS
    I guess what I'm tap dancing around and just need to say outright is: You don't own the repair guns. Don't keep them which = stealing.
    The right thing to do was grab them out of the water, dunk them in wd-40, and contact the owners for their return if you are quitting the business.
    I am amazed that a guy Browning trusted to be a Authorized Repair Facility wouldn't do this.
    Von

vgodenwa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Gloster, MS
    Well.........the power of Bayou Shooter.....there's an answering machine at the number on the claim ticket now!!
    Thanks to whoever notified them of the problem. Hopefully I'll get a call.
    Von

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Well.........the power of Bayou Shooter.....there's an answering machine at the number on the claim ticket now!

We'll see. I left a message last week and haven't gotten a call back. I was just asking for an update on the business though. Maybe they'll be responsive to a repair client with a gun in the shop. Keep us all posted if you hear back from them. Thx

vgodenwa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Gloster, MS
    Well it's not looking good. No call. Looks like Reynerson's just stole my Browning BLR.
    I guess in his mind the business is bankrupt and the guns - both repair and new inventory - are part of the bankruptcy.
    I just don't see it that way - which is the reason for this post.
    If you are a gunsmith the news is good: you can do what you want with a firearm given to you for repair. The redneck will have to sue you to get anything done and that probably isn't going to happen.
    If you are a customer the news is terrible: he can do what he wants with your firearm.
    If you would not give the guy across the counter a $1000 bill, don't give him your $1000 firearm.
    Don't expect anyone - not the manufacturer who told you to take it to him for repairs, or the cops or anyone to do anything.
    If he is unethical, you lost that gun.
    I stumbled across some Yelp reviews while I was researching this and would never have used him regardless of factory authorized service center if I had seen the reviews, but they happened about the same time as me so I had to reinvent the wheel.
    Apparently there was some unknown point in time where Reynersons went from a reputable business to the proverbial downhill slide.
    Which is the second point of this post: I would never trust any business that has a long lead time. The longer the time, the more statistical probability that an event will occur like a natural disaster or health problems or ?? that will cause that business to go under and you the customer are the loser.
    If all the media hysteria about gun violence made you think the guns were treated special and seriously and enforced - you were in the same denial I was. I'm sure I don't have to worry about a BLR being used in a bank robbery, but it is floating around out there somewhere (no pun intended).
    Moreover I don't know that Reynersons DIDN'T have flood insurance. Or that the gun is rusted at all. Or anything. No communication.
    If you are a gunsmith and you don't like this post.....too bad.......how about a little peer pressure on the fellow gunsmiths.
    I for one don't plan to do any more gunsmithing beyond simple stuff like sight installation. Just too risky.
    I was the honest-John that didn't just take the BLR's (there were two of them originally - he fixed the first one) to the gunshow or pawn shop and dump them like someone did to me (they were both bought used). I tried to get them fixed rather than sticking the next guy.
    I guess in the future they will just be parts guns/wall hangers.
    This is a sad reflection on our culture. The cops spend mountains of paperwork and thousands of man hours trying to find crooks when they have no suspect, but when they are watching a crime unfold, and know where the suspect and evidence is....it's a civil matter. I mean they know it could be a crime, and it might be a crime in the future, but that would require work. They choose the view that is the least work. All I wanted is someone to drive by and say "hey, we are getting calls" type of deal.
    So check as many reviews as you can about any business you want to hand an expensive prized possession.
    Things change and you may not have gotten the memo.
    Von

vgodenwa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Gloster, MS
    EBR SO will not take an offense report at this time. It is a civil matter to them. Central PD is only doing traffic and giving all criminal to EBRSO.

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    One would think if you can't get it back it should be reported as stolen.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    It's just a business transaction the went bad.
    I understand the frustration and anger, but it is a civil matter.
    Unless the business did something criminal selling the gun the someone, then I think it would be theft.
    But IANAL so my opinion is only worth what you paid for it. :D

Consulting an attorney would probably be the best action at this time.

vgodenwa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Gloster, MS
    The problem with it being a civil matter is the lack of communication.
    I gave you the gun with the understanding you would be in temporary possession while it was being repaired and then it would be returned.
    That is still my expectation. Fix and return.
    Tell me where we stand.
    Tell me where the store stands. (bankruptcy? reopen?)
    Tell me if you had insurance.
    Tell me the condition of the gun.
    And so on.
    Hiding from the customers makes you look like a thief.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Wasn't there a place on the west bank that went out of business and didn't return firearms. I think there was some legal ramifications in that one. I don't remember much about it.

lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    I talked to someone familiar with the situation. They arent opening the store back up. Most everything in the store was destroyed. I let my buddy know they have some pissed off people on this board wanting to know what is the status of their guns. He said they have been out of town for a few weeks but he would pass along the info. Hoping they see this thread and you guys can get some answers.

Last edited:

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I talked to a guy at Jim's Firearms and he said that a couple of Reynersons guys are working there now and don't think they are going to re-open.

Top Bottom