Pellet grills- who has one?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T-Bub

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2016
    Centerville
    Thinking about buying a pellet grill after using one for Christmas. The one I used was a Camp Chef from Walmart for $350. I am looking at the Green Mountain grills with the wifi controller. Wondering if any of yall have one.

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    I have a pellet cooker. Mine is a Traeger Executive 125 that I bought going on eleven years in about two months. No longer available and they didn't have the bells and whistles they have today but I still love it.
    If I was getting one today i'd go with a Yoder 640 and they aren't cheap. Green Mountain would be next behind the Yoder.
    Pellet cookers do put out some great food but you just can't get a nice crust on a steak like a hot open grill. Just have a simple Webber kettle grill for that.. I use my Broil King Keg for steaks.

lp11

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Livingston Parish
    I've got a green mountian Daniel Boone wifi, got it on Black Friday 2016, so far I like, read a lot about their good customer service, they do a LE / military discount, 2 of their accessories for free.

T-Bub

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2016
    Centerville
    thanks for the replies guys. I am wanting the pellet grill for low and slow cooking. I have a 20" diameter homemade pipe pit for charcoal and a 30" diameter vertical open fire pit for high heat direct cooking.

I've read nothing but good reviews on the green mountain.

LP11, I want to get the same grill you have.

T-Bub

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2016
    Centerville
    I'll have to price them a few places, not sure if the prices are set by retailer or Green Mountain. Inside and Out in Houma sells them, closest to me. I know the Sportsmans Warehouse in Slidell sells them also.

Marlin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2015
    Baton Rouge
    The Yoders are pretty impressive, the boys on the Red White and Que food truck use them. A little pricey, but build solid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom