PRS style matches near New Orleans.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chrisba

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    New Orleans Area
    Does anyone know of any PRS style matches near the New Orleans area? I have found a Facebook group "Louisiana Precision Rifle Club" that seems to have matches in Northeast LA. I cannot find any contact info for anyone from the Facebook group to find out more about the matches. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Log Island

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    We have not had any yet besides in N La. We have an ample amount of experienced people that can run a match down here, the issue is we don't have any ranges that can accommodate, or anyone with a range capable of putting on a PR match that's voiced interest on holding one.
    Anyone that is willing to offer their facilities, please PM me. I'd gladly help and many others will be willing to assist as well.

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    I am not on Facebook and therefore I can't post. Is there anyone with contact info for him.

Ok, if you go to the precision rifle series webpage and go to the club series. Register there, its free. We are the southeast region.

They have a list of matches there and the ones in Louisiana will be listed. They are all up north. There just isn't a range down here that can handle it.

Ill see if I have his email address or someone else's email address.

I sold my gun so I haven't kept up, trying to get a new one going so I can get back in the fun.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

chrisba

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    New Orleans Area
    Are these matches primarily shot with bolt guns. I have a 6.5 Grendel AR I was going to attempt this with. I saw one of this matches specified bolt gun only but didn't see any specifics on most others.

Last edited:

Log Island

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    Are these matches primarily shot with bolt guns. I have a 7.5 Grendel AR I was going to attempt this with. I saw one of this matches specified bolt gun only but didn't see any specifics on most others.

There are no matches that are bolt gun only. There is a new division called "gas gun division", which is broken down into three categories. Open: which is what your AR would be in.(I'm assuming that "7.5 Grendel" was a typo). tac-heavy, which is .308, and Tac-light, which is .223.
    You can use your AR against the bolt guns if you choose to in the open division, there are no rules saying that you can't.
    Smaller matches, like what LPRC puts on, at least in past events, these categories were not separated.
    I'd recommend, with you starting out, just show up and shoot and don't worry about divisions/categories.

Last edited:

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Are these matches primarily shot with bolt guns. I have a 7.5 Grendel AR I was going to attempt this with. I saw one of this matches specified bolt gun only but didn't see any specifics on most others.

A 7.5" AR in any caliber isn't going to work.

Most will use bolt guns or large frame ARs. You may see more semiautos at the club matches. At the big matches it'll pretty much be bolt guns with 24"+ barrels in a 6.5mm or 6mm caliber.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Whats the barrel length? If its 20+, do what log island said and go shoot. Its a good time, I know its a drive, but its well worth it.

jcomar1

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    There's a 600yd prone match at Palo Alto in Donaldsonville every month. Might be a good place to start if you haven't shot long range before.

Top Bottom