Best way to get rid of Squirrels

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    come again?

You missed the fireworks last couple days. Jeeper went off the deep end, insulting Austin and mods. Whole thread is deleted. Ask Firearmfantic, he got in the action too, won a temp ban. It was just more proof once again, they have some real winners among us.

So a couple squirrels got killed.......LOL.....by a Gamo I understand. It was quite amusing really.

Last edited:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I was outside having Hand to hand Combat with them Long Tail Rats! Cut some tree limbs with a pole saw. They were not happy.
    I think I got the best of 2 of them. Should have had someone shot it and U-tube it. One less Squirrel Home/Condo They are now Homeless
    One was a Flying Squirrel. Or at least he was last I saw him. I should be in the Olympic Squirrel toss!
    Few others left as well, for at least some time. Think one said lets get out of here you see what he did t o Fred And Wilma?

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Just popped an Armadillo with the CCI quiet ammo . Not extremely quiet but it doesn't have that supersonic "crack" of high velocity stuff . Quiet enough to not rile the neighbors I guess .

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    We have a mean, mean, Opossum too the is in the hood
    It will rate getting rid of 100% if I ever see it close

Bullet

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    New Orleans - Westbank
    Expensive? If a $20 trap from harbor freight is expensive then build on from scrap wood. I've done both. Catch them and bring them to another area. My uncle removed like 30 in a year. When you get rid of them more will move into the area.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Expensive? If a $20 trap from harbor freight is expensive then build on from scrap wood. I've done both. Catch them and bring them to another area. My uncle removed like 30 in a year. When you get rid of them more will move into the area.

When the guy few doors down did it he ened up with them and all the outside cats. Cats that crap on everything, and now have the ducks. So
    Holding off on traps, for now

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Squirrels are a never ending problem . The best you can do is to try and stay ahead of the situation . You'll probably never get rid of them permanently . Cats and Ducks are a different story . I've had good luck with the Cat problem ...

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom