Ankle Holster recommendation

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    Hey guys,
    I am starting a new job and I am going to have to wear tucked in polo shirts and my IWB does not seem to be a good option. I was wondering if there was an ankle holster you all would recommend. Since I am starting a new job money will be tight so something at a decent price would also be a consideration. I carry either a Glock 42 or a S&W Bodyguard 380. Yeah, they are small but they worked well for what I have needed them for which is deep concealment. I have been wanting an ankle holster option anyway for certain situations so this is just making me get one now.

Thanks

Geezer Squid

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Alessi is about the only one that I've never tried. I've bought quite a few through the years and the only ones I've kept are these two:

http://www.thewilderness.com/ankle-holsters/the-wilderness-renegade-ankle-holster-xhd-elastic/

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0030HMXH8/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Both have a sheepskin lining and I can wear them all day long. I do not like the calf straps to keep the holster up on the ankle. I prefer to simply wear a pair of high-top shoes.

Oh, btw I do prefer to Wilderness Renegade just a bit more than the Desantis due to it's more plush sheepskin padding and it's pistol retention system.

Good luck with your selection!!

YoungMarine

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    W. Feliciana
    I also recommend the Desantis Apache ankle holster. Mine has been holding up well for nearly 2 years with near everyday wear. It is cheap and comfortable with the sheepskin lining. I don't use the calf strap, but mine rides inside a cowboy boot so that offers some additional support.

Top Bottom