Easy Method For Hunting Beaver

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2016
    North Texas
    I came to realize that tapping pest beavers was not a good tactic for me and so I started to hunt them when they would dam up the creek at my folks' place. The beavers keep taking out the trees my parents enjoy and a few years ago, even started coming about 100 yards out of the creek bottom up to their house and cutting down the young fruit trees my father had planted. So the beavers had/have to go.

When I would trap the beavers, I would break out a portion of the dam and set up a trap there to catch the beaver when it returned to repair it. I basically use the same tactic for hunting them and it works really well. I break out a large enough area that will drain enough water to get the beaver's attention. I usually do this in the afternoon and then return early that night. This works out well because the damaged dam attracts the beaver to a specific location and usually gets the beaver up out of the water and results in the beaver becoming stationary or nearly stationary enough to take a good shot.

Here is a video showing how this works. Y'all may have some better ideas to improve upon the process and I would certainly like to hear about them. Anything I can do to handle the problem more efficiently for my folks, the better.

Of course, all local laws apply...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom