Need Muzzle Brake

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Chances are it will not be your last install (unless you're getting it pinned or spot welded). I would say buy the wrench and do it yourself. Other than that, a Gunsmith may cost a bit for a simple muzzle brake.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Does that include threading the barrel? That didn't seem like a DIY sort of thing to me.

Ahh.. no, however, in the future, I would recommend THAT be the question instead of the "muzzle brake". Asking where you can get a barrel threaded would get you in the right place. The wording is key... the simple act of installing a muzzle brake is nothing... having a threading a barrel of course is needed prior to installing the brake! lol...

I would recommend JIMS Firearms to thread the barrel (advertised here).

Last edited:

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Ahh.. no, however, in the future, I would recommend THAT be the question instead of the "muzzle brake". Asking where you can get a barrel threaded would get you in the right place. The wording is key... the simple act of installing a muzzle brake is nothing... having a threading a barrel of course is needed prior to installing the brake! lol...

I would recommend JIMS Firearms to thread the barrel (advertised here).

Thanks for clarifying. I couldn't figure out why putting on a brake required any expertise.

Top Bottom