Meplat group

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    I want to send out a big thanks to Kenny. I purchased my first can today. Kenny knows the process well and it was a lot less complicated than I expected. Now the wait begins.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    wait.jpg

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    Last edited:

meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    Was just looking through the forums and came upon this. Thanks! I'm glad you had a good experience.

Homeslice, feel free to give me a call or text and we can set up a time for you to come by. I've walked hundreds and hundreds of people through the process of buying their first can, we try to make it easy. You can come by and learn about the process and hold a bunch of cans without being obligated to buy anything. I'm not a hard sell guy.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    I got mine from Meplat Group as well -- Great experience, highly recommended.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Some activities to help you during your wait...

Slow motion GIF of grass growing... watch closely.
    Pcf95IZ.jpg

Slow motion GIF of Paint Drying... watch closely.
    xXOvuvA.jpg

meplatgroup

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    LOL. Seriously, you don't know how frustrating these wait times are for us. We have literally hundreds of sold cans that are sitting around taking up space waiting for ATF to approve stamps.

We don't mind getting calls from customers but we actually get very few because we try to make sure that we set realistic expectations from the beginning and we do all we can to keep the process rolling along as fast as possible.

I need to start making a list of all the things you could do while waiting for your stamp to come back. Here's a start:

1) have a baby
    2) learn to play an instrument (well)
    3) learn another language
    4) build a house
    5) plant a vegetable garden and harvest said vegetables

But honestly I think the cans we are filing for now will have a much shorter wait time than the ones that we are currently waiting to get back. However, only the NFA branch could say for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    i have the silencerco sparrow and really love it!!!! my neighbor has a spectre 2 and I cant tell the diff in sound, about the only diff is how they break down, the sparrow is a mono baffle system and I think the spectre is a click together multiple baffle system, idk which is easier to clean

meplatgroup

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    i have the silencerco sparrow and really love it!!!! my neighbor has a spectre 2 and I cant tell the diff in sound, about the only diff is how they break down, the sparrow is a mono baffle system and I think the spectre is a click together multiple baffle system, idk which is easier to clean

Yes sir, the sparrow has that sleeve system which allows you to go longer between cleanings (I think they advertise 2,000 rounds). Some people say the Spectre II has less first round pop than the Sparrow. They are both great cans and you can't go wrong with either one.

Rimfire cans are, in my opinion the best to start with because they are cheap to obtain, cheap to shoot, and have a movie quiet wow factor with subsonic ammo. This adds up to a great smiles per dollar ratio.

There are some really cool cans on the market and the constant innovation and evolution is bringing cans like the Oculus and the Erector this year.

Even though I don't expect HPA to pass this year, it will be a great time to have silencers as a hobby because of new products like the Maxim and the Q lineup and the Wolverine (which is like magic for AKs).

meplatgroup

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    I see myself needing a pistol to put that can on, I'm thinking Ruger 22/45 lite.

It's a pretty pimp little gun. Almost feels too light without a can. I thought they were really ugly at first with the crazy colors and cuts but they grew on me quickly and without me really wanting them to, like a bad case of crotch rot.

The 22/45 lite with your rimfire can of choice, an el cheepo Chinese red dot optic, and a case of subsonic ammo is about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    It's a pretty pimp little gun. Almost feels too light without a can. I thought they were really ugly at first with the crazy colors and cuts but they grew on me quickly and without me really wanting them to, like a bad case of crotch rot.

The 22/45 lite with your rimfire can of choice, an el cheepo Chinese red dot optic, and a case of subsonic ammo is about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on.

I was thinking the same thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom