Sig P239 short reset trigger

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atc26

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 27, 2007
    Livingston, Louisiana
    I'm thinking about sending my P239 to the Sig Custom Shop for the instillation of a short reset trigger package. Their web site states that the package will reduce trigger reset travel about 60%. Sounds like a pretty good upgrade and I'm definitely interested. I'm curious if anyone reading this has had their Sig altered in this fashion and if it was worthwhile. Thanks for your opinions.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I'm thinking about sending my P239 to the Sig Custom Shop for the instillation of a short reset trigger package. Their web site states that the package will reduce trigger reset travel about 60%. Sounds like a pretty good upgrade and I'm definitely interested. I'm curious if anyone reading this has had their Sig altered in this fashion and if it was worthwhile. Thanks for your opinions.

I have a regular customer that comes to shoot at my shop and he has sent 2 M11s in for trigger work/srt. He loves them! Its a huge improvement and the turn around time is good too.

atc26

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 27, 2007
    Livingston, Louisiana
    Thank you for your input. It was most helpful.

I contacted Sig earlier today and my pistol is on its way to the custom shop. I'm looking forward to getting it back in about three weeks.

atc26

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 27, 2007
    Livingston, Louisiana
    Following up on my previous comments, I did send my P239 back to Sig Sauer for the "short reset trigger" modification. Turn-around was about three weeks from the time I dropped it off at FedEx.

I haven't fired it yet but will sometime during this week. Dry firing revealed the gritty feel is gone from the trigger and the reset is probably about 70% less than it was before. The trigger is smooth and single action pull is wonderful. I'll know for sure after firing it but I believe this might have been a worthwhile modification.

On a side note this is the second time Sig has performed modifications for me. They have been easy to do business with and I have no complaints.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom