New CCW Handgun...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • s3th

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Mandeville
    I'm thinking about the Ruger LCR Copper 38 Special +P.
    This would be my second CCW purpose handgun, next to my custom G19.
    I was thinking about going the G43 route...

thoughts?

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    We have all 3 of these guns in the family. My wife has G19 and LCR for backup. Then she got PPS for when she would just carry one, and that has become her go to (she doesn't like the small handle on the G43). I have G43 which I alternate with a Taurus 85, all steel 5-shot snubbie. The snubbie is reliable, and very simple to use. Pull the trigger, gun goes bang. That's why I like the revolver. Also, doesn't print the same as a semi-auto. However, it doesn't have the same capacity, which some prefer. Of course, the G43 is 6+1, unless you get an extension. A +1 extension doesn't add much length to the grip, but you are still dealing with the issues of potential FTF, FTE issues, etc. So for a BUG, the revolver is a nice solution. For single carry or primary, an auto with extra mag is advantageous in the rare and unlikely event you could need more rounds. Personally, I don't feel more rounds is all that important. Should I ever need to draw, I surely hope that 5 is more than enough. I'm not LE and I don't ever intend to be a hero, I just want to keep danger at bay, and hope I'll never need to even draw, much less change magazines.

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    My wife has a Ruger LCR in 9mm, its fairly compact but somewhat difficult to conceal on the body, much easier with a bag /purse.
    I like a revolver for someone that isn't going to practice all the failure correction procedures that are possible with an auto.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I also carry a G19 as primary and chose the G43 as my carry for those times when the 19 isn't appropriate. It's a great shooting little gun, and I like the familiarity achieved by sticking with Glock. I'm not a huge revolver fan, especially not when they are tiny and lightweight as they are often difficult to shoot accurately at speed. The G43 is incredibly easy to conceal under any clothing and offers the perfect balance of power and shootability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    We have the LCR and like speed racer says it can be a little difficult to shoot accurately with it unless you shoot it a lot. It's a very nice gun and ultra reliable, but it is quite different to shoot than a semi auto pistol. It has a little more kick and the trigger although smooth, is definitely different than a semi auto is. If you get one make sure you practice with it before carrying it.

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    I have the Crossbread Mini-tuk in horsehide for my G43. It's very comfortable at a 4 o'clock position, and easy for conceal. For my snubbie, I like AIWB carry, it conceals even better, I find. I need loose fitting shirt or something to cover the G43, but I can just about get away with a polo shirt with the snubbie.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom