Great new video on current HPA Status (as of 2/22)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    A friend of mine, Adam Kraut of the Firearm Industry Consulting Group, has just done another video on HPA. I can't improve on what he has presented so I'll just link it. But for those of you who can't watch it, here are the cliff notes:

-Right now there are two HPA bills, one in the House and one in the Senate. The House bill is the same one submitted in 2015 and includes the October 22, 2015 tax stamp refund date, the Senate one changes it to January 9, 2017. Once the bills get out of committee, get a vote, and get passed, then this has to be reconciled.

-The bill has problems, namely that although silencers are deregulated, silencer parts are not. Crazy. But if the bill passes in it's current form, the home brew guys are screwed (this could actually be intentional on the part of the bill's authors, but is more likely an oversight)

-This is still a long way off. Almost certainly not a 2017 passage. But please continue to CALL your congressmen and let them know this is a priority for you. It's important.

So please watch the video and get involved in the process. I'll be happy to answer any questions to the best of my ability, but right now there are a ton of variables, so the answer to a lot of questions are that no one knows.

Here's the video:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom