How are you carrying a backup mag for your CCW?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Labadie

WFPD
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2013
    BR
    Stellar Kydex holsters

PM9Csm.jpg

Stellar Kydex holsters

toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    T5 custom, G17 mag, AIWB....

Even though I'm 235 lbs....this works great for me.
    I like how the wider holster spreads the pressure points across my abdomen.
    IMG_0843.jpg

RustyHammer

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    NOLA
    I always carry at least one other mag. You never know when you might need to provide cover fire for someone and/or the threat turns out to be greater than you thought. I'm in the camp of "it's better to have and not need, than need and not have." YMMV

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    crossbreed dual mag if i'm carrying the 1911. crossbreed single if i'm carrying the G17. stick it in the left front pocket if i'm carrying the G43 (or right front pocket when i'm using it as my backup for work).

SteveMc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2017
    Prairieville
    Based on all responses, there are a lot of bad asses here that have seen their share of gun battles. I haven't ever needed to fire mine. I'm ready though.

Newbie21

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Based on all responses, there are a lot of bad asses here that have seen their share of gun battles. I haven't ever needed to fire mine. I'm ready though.

I always think the same thing when i read threads like this.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado

I always think the same thing when i read threads like this.

I'd rather not set off debates this early in the morning

You two commented.... Stop being cryptic and share your thoughts.

Newbie21

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    You two commented.... Stop being cryptic and share your thoughts.

you dont need an extra mag, if you do, either 1, you are somewhere or in some situation you shouldnt be at and 2, you probably need more training. not more mags

Newbie21

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    WOW! I'd guess you've had no formal training.

lol let me know if you ever have to use that extra mag of yours, i pray you never even have to use the first one.
    but in the event you do. ill be the first to say i should have carried that extra mag

DaSouthernYankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    you dont need an extra mag, if you do, either 1, you are somewhere or in some situation you shouldnt be at and 2, you probably need more training. not more mags

More is always better, especially with it becoming more common to be assaulted by multiple persons these days. Would you feel comfortable facing 2, 3, or even 4+ people with a 7+1 pistol and no reload? I sure as hell wouldn't! (I'm not even comfortable with only 8 rounds before a reload , my preference is 15+1, YMMV) Not to mention the potential for a magazine to fail unexpectedly. **** happens, expect it. If you are already packing a gun what is the hassle with an extra mag?

Sent from an unidentified bayou mobile device

Last edited:

Newbie21

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    I get it, we can play devils advocate all day and say what if i were getting robbed by 40 people and i only had one extra mag on me. then what. my point is, i wont sit at my computer and try to be that internet warrior, id do whatever i can to prevent myself from being in that situation and god forbid i am in that situation and i dotn have enoguh fire power then ill look back at this thread and make sure i apologize to each and everyone who commented on this small debate haha

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    I get it, we can play devils advocate all day and say what if i were getting robbed by 40 people and i only had one extra mag on me. then what. my point is, i wont sit at my computer and try to be that internet warrior, id do whatever i can to prevent myself from being in that situation and god forbid i am in that situation and i dotn have enoguh fire power then ill look back at this thread and make sure i apologize to each and everyone who commented on this small debate haha

First off, most try not to put themselves in a situation or area that requires or may need any "gun play". However, we cannot control everything/everyone around us, and it does happen at times.
    And if you find yourself with out enough firepower at some time in your life, hopefully for yourself and your family, you will be able to come back here and apologize. ;)

Last edited:

Newbie21

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    First off, most try not to put themselves in a situation or area that requires or may need any "gun play". However, we cannot control everything/everyone around us, and it does happen at times.
    And if you find yourself with out enough firepower, hopefully for yourself and your family, you will be able to come back here and apologize. ;)

haha you and me both. if i cant get the job done with 15-17 rounds then im doing something wrong

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    haha you and me both. if i cant get the job done with 15-17 rounds then im doing something wrong

You must not be aware of the number of times LEO have emptied their first magazine and had to reload during a gunfight. It could happen to any of us.
    I hope none of the good guys every needs to reload and does not have one. Like not carrying a spare tire because you do not expect to have a flat.

Newbie21

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    LEO will more than likely find themselves in a more stickier situation than I ever intend. but by goign offf of that we all should start wearing body armor and helmets. but to each their own.

Top Bottom