How are you carrying a backup mag for your CCW?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    BBQ.jpg

Or if I want smaller, one of these: http://www.shopleatherworks.com/owb-mag-carrier/

Seems he is not taking orders currently for the mag holder.

I don't carry a spare mag for extra capacity, I carry it as a spare, in case something jams or some odd happening with my gun. Kinda like a spare tire. The extra mag is nothing compared to carrying the gun.

Last edited:

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    If I'm carrying my Sig 239 I sometimes carry a spare mag in a RM Holster mag carrier. If I'm carrying my G19 I don't carry one.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I carry 2 extra mags in a G-code double mag carrier with anpaddle attachment. And I don't cary 2 extra mags because I'm not a super duper tactical seal ranger sniper who can't put down any threat with the 14 rounds in the pistol. I carry 2 extra cuz Murphy is a M $@&#÷ F@$#€%

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Dockers makes shorts (orange tag) that has a pouch in the left front pocket that will allow a mag to be placed and indexed as u like. I'm not sure what the actual purpose it is intended for but it works just fine for a spare mag. I bought a few because I like docker shorts and the pouch is an added bonus. Don't laugh, I'm being serious. Anyone else have these shorts? Like I said the Docker logo on the inside and outside is orange in color. It's the only ones I've found with the pocket pouch.

Shadeaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Hammond
    I carry OBW in a Raven holster and a single spare in a Raven carrier. I carry a Glock 26 with a G17 spare. Like another member not so much for the extra capacity but for malfunctions although I never had one yet.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I'm thinking if the problem I've stumbled into hasn't been solved with three rounds, I'm in trouble that an extra magazine won't help.

You May want to do some research relative to only needing 3 rounds to save yourself during a gunfight.

DaSouthernYankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Dockers makes shorts (orange tag) that has a pouch in the left front pocket that will allow a mag to be placed and indexed as u like. I'm not sure what the actual purpose it is intended for but it works just fine for a spare mag. I bought a few because I like docker shorts and the pouch is an added bonus. Don't laugh, I'm being serious. Anyone else have these shorts? Like I said the Docker logo on the inside and outside is orange in color. It's the only ones I've found with the pocket pouch.

5/11 tactical makes shorts and pants with a mag/flashlight pouch in the same location you are talking about. I have several pairs of each and have used them for 4+ years. The pocket is large enough for a g17 mag to fit in. The only gripe I have with them is they kinda look "tactical" and I am wanting more of a discreet look these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom