5 month Wait New Application

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    Loranger
    This was my first time applying. Mailed everything in on September 8th, 2016 and still haven't gotten anything back. I then in January this year mailed my husband's renewal application and he just got his in the mail yesterday.
    So I called and called the 2 phone numbers. Lots of times it was busy but I was able to get through and I went through every option on the menu which there are only 3. There was absolutely no option for speaking to an actual person. So then I called the state police and he said the only way was to email. So I have. But haven't gotten anything yet, and I read that others experienced no replys either.
    I am planning on just going up there tomorrow which is a bit out of my way but I kinda would like to know if it got lost or what. Anyone else experience this and would it be a total waste of time going up there?

jdavid1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    Hammond, LA
    I went through the same thing. Can't get them on the phone. Email them a couple of times with all your info and express your need for the permit. Basically beg them. It took me a little over 6 months to get mine. It's a total shitshow over there.

8/10/16 : Applied online and sent fingerprints in
    12/17/16 : Permit accepted
    12/19/16 : Paid for permit
    2/10/17 : Permit approved after I emailed begging
    2/17/17 : Received permit in mail

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    Loranger
    They did end up responding to my email. They said for whatever reason, they did not begin processing my application until this month so there may be another 30 day wait.

CBlack

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Covington, La
    Just received mine today. Mailed it in around August 28th.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    They did end up responding to my email. They said for whatever reason, they did not begin processing my application until this month so there may be another 30 day wait.

That is about the normal time right now, 6-9 months on new applications that are done online with prints mailed.
    My wife and I mailed ours in June and got the CHPs in December.
    Everything was done on ours and it was just waiting for someone to approve them.
    We emailed them and they approved them that same day.
    Had a friend and her husband who mailed theirs in March who emailed the day before we did and got their approval the same day.

SkunkApe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2016
    Broussard
    They've got some serious problems.

I've been waiting, calling, and emailing since I submitted in early July. Got a letter a month ago saying my fingerprints were rejected and I had to resubmit within 10 days or start over (some nerve.) I drove to Baton Rouge and had it done at HQ. Finally got an email this week saying I was approved and should have my permit in 10-15 days. We will see.

A coworker just got his in the mail after seven months. His first name is wrong on the permit. Not just spelled wrong: totally wrong name.

I've previously held permits and done renewals in two other states. Louisiana's system is a complete disaster. Eight months, and I still don't have it. I'm not necessarily saying the individuals there are doing a bad job - they may be just underfunded/understaffed/under-equipped. But it's still a disaster.

I recommend contacting your state representative. Maybe we can get constitutional carry. Wyoming had it when I lived there, with no issues. (You could still get a permit for out-of-state reciprocity. Took 2-4 weeks, total.)

Last edited:

GetSome

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2017
    Metairie
    Hey there is more then 3 option when you call once you get on the automated you hit 1 and then 4 that's will get you to a real person. They do give you a 4th option

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

GetSome

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2017
    Metairie
    I was able to talk to a nice lady name miss Mary and she help me and appove my app and said my CHP will get to me 7 to 10 days

ProZack

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2015
    Houma,La
    youll be lucky if you get it in 5 months been a year for my wife still no word. had to resend the prints but still!

GetSome

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2017
    Metairie
    Well crossing my fingers but you should go in and have your prints done so they can reject it or deny for any reasons

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gautreaux
    Top Bottom