Glock 40 or Glock 20

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunbeaux

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Boothville La.
    I have acquired a Glock 40 10mm and like it very much but I want something to carry a little easer like a Glock 20, not really wanting to buy a new Gun BUT Should I just get a good holster for the 40 or invest in the 20, I could get a longer barrel for the 20 and put it on if I ever needed it. Or get a 20 slide and put it on the 40, What is your thoughts on is?

meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    How are you currently carrying it? Presumably as a woods gun. Strong side? A gun that big is hard to carry particularly if you are working setting up food plots or running a tractor and uncomfortable wear sitting in a deer stand for a long time.

I have several clients who have gone to chest rigs for large woods guns and that is been the best solution. Easy to access, good weight distribution, secure, and comfortable. You should be able to carry a 40 like that. It's a great gun and I'd love to take a whitetail with one.

I tried for a few weeks to carry a modified 20 AIWB. It didn't work for me but I'm not a big guy. As my holster maker said, "That thing is a 2x4 with a slide on it." LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunbeaux

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Boothville La.
    I'm not a big guy either only 5'7" with a little extra weight I have been looking at the chest rigs do you have any recommend Thanks for looking at my thread

meplatgroup

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    So we just had a discussion on this topic on a private board I am a member of and two options were brought up. This one is cool if you are hiking through an area and don't want to freak out granola hippies scared of guns.

https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/tabid/762/CategoryID/1/ProductID/5/Default.aspx

The one ultimately chosen by the guy who made the thread was this one and it is the only kydex chest rig I had ever seen (most are leather).

http://2aholster.com/product/litepath-chest-holster/

Gunbeaux

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Boothville La.
    Thanks for your Help I ordered a holster from ebay forgot what it was will see when it comes in Diamonddcustonleather makes a fine holster Good Luck

Last edited:

meplatgroup

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    I had a guy come in yesterday and buy a 40 and between him and you now I'm looking at chest rigs and thinking about trying some handgun hunting next year. LOL.

Maybe I'll get a threaded barrel and put an Omega 45K or a Ghost on it to make it hearing safe.

Gunbeaux

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Boothville La.
    My Chest holster came in it is a Skyball Mountain Holster "bandoleer" made for the Glock 40 with red dot also has a place for an extra mag, not the greatest but for $39.95 with shipping not too bad the gun fits and it is made in the USA. It fits my needs as I will most likely be carrying it that much. will post pics when I get home tonight.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    I have a G20. I'd have picked up a G40 if it were available when I had the money burning a hole in my pocket.

I use the same holster for my G20, G21, and M&P 45.

Happy either way though.

Feral45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2015
    Breaux Bridge, Louisiana
    The 10mm is to big, to heavy, just to much for me to carry. So I carry a Walther CCP. I do have a 20C. I did a lot of internal work and added Trijicon HD sights. Like you, old eyes. I am very happy with it. It is a very serious pistol and lives in my truck. Enjoy...

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom