Updated Forum Rules Effective Immediately

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    YOUR AGREEMENT

By joining the Bayoushooter forums, you agree to adhere to the following rules. All facets of the forum, including but not limited to each forum section and private messages.

By agreeing to the forum rules, you agree that you will not post, private message, or link to any content which is defamatory, hateful, threatening, abusive, vulgar, contains adult or objectionable content, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.

FORUM RULES

Rule 1:
    No rudeness, race-baiting or personal attacks

While we appreciate passionate and informed discussion we will not allow rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, race-baiting, purposeless inflammatory posts, or trolling. If you do not like a thread or do not have anything positive to say, do not post anything at all.

Rule 2:
    No condoning of assault, threats, or harassment

It is not permitted to advocate, encourage, or condone unlawful physical violence, threats of violence, assault, or harassment against anyone, whether members of these forums or not. It is also not permitted to post personally identifying information of another user without their express consent. Violating this rule can lead to an immediate ban.

Rule 3: No argumentative and divisive behavior

Members who consistently post argumentative and divisive messages will be removed from the forums. *This is especially true in Law Enforcement threads. *Posts including bickering, arguing, generalizing, or denigrating LE service or citizen actions, will be deleted. *The moderating staff will be the sole decider of the tone/intent of a post. *Posts deemed to be in violation of our rules will be deleted and may result in infractions.

This rule is not meant to stifle the civil discussion of laws or other current issues relevant to gun owners, instead, it is to allow these discussions to flourish as opposed to devolving.

Rule 4: Criticize constructively

Critiques of individuals, site sponsors, or advertising partners should be done in the spirit of constructive discourse. Please speak to others with respect regardless of how you may view their position.

Rule 5: Stay on topic

While we certainly appreciate broad discussions and try to allow threads to run their course, we do not want entirely unrelated comments posted.

Rule 6: Request approval for all advertising

Our forum is able to stay in existence thanks to the sale of advertising space. If you would like to advertise please contact a member of the moderating staff. Do not advertise Facebook Groups here.

Rule 7: Please observe copyright law

Posts may be edited and/or deleted in order to conform to copyright law.

Rule 8: Only one login account per member

Each member is allowed only one login account. This especially includes banned users.

Rule 9: Do not publicly dispute Moderation decisions

Do not post on the forums questioning moderation decisions or the integrity of the moderators. Questions about moderation decisions can be addressed via the Private Messaging system. Be respectful of the moderators, both in the forums and in any private communications you have with them.

Rule 10: False Claims

Many of our members are military veterans or law enforcement, and as such we have great respect for these communities. We have had issues in the past with users falsely claiming to have been members of these communities, and as such we will require anyone making said claims to provide proof of service. Failure to provide proof of service after making claims will result in an immediate ban of the user's account.

Furthermore, this rule need not apply only to law enforcement or veterans. Anyone making claims that prove to be false that could potentially be detrimental to the forum or its user-base will be removed. An example is claiming to be a lawyer and issuing legal advice.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

While these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. As such we reserve the right to modify or remove any content posted for any reason. Additionally, we reserve the right to remove anyone we see as willfully violating the forum rules.

All forum posts are property of Bayoushooter and the poster, as such, we are not obligated to remove any content once posted.

When you post on the forums, you are giving Bayoushooter a non-exclusive, irrevocable, permanent, unlimited license to use, distribute, publish, or re-publish your content. You retain copyright over the content. Posts on the Bayoushooter forums cannot be used outside the forums for monetary purposes without the consent of the poster.

Bayoushooter will not gather information other than that needed to run the forums. Bayoushooter will not rent or sell your personal information, including your email address, to any other entity.

Bayoushooter is not responsible for the content, accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any message posted on the forums. The messages express the views of the authors, not those of Bayoushooter or our moderating staff.

Although the administrators and moderators of the Bayoushooter attempt to keep all objectionable material off the Bayoushooter forums, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither Bayoushooter nor our moderating staff will be held responsible for the content of any message.

These terms may be changed at any time without notice.

If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register with or use Bayoushooter.com

Last edited by a moderator:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    If you have a question regarding the rule change or any of the above rules / terms, please feel free to reply below.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I hope everyone really reads the rules and does not just check the box. Even a simple Ad is hard for some! They put up a free advertisement, Anyway they want! And say I will catch the rest later? It is not hard to just do it right!
    It is for the buyers and sellers protection
    Must have Photo(s) for WTS and WTT threads. The photo does not have to be of your item, but at least a stock photo of the item you are selling. Be aware that you'll have a better chance of selling your item if you use a photo of your item.
    You must post a picture at the time of posting, if you don't have a picture available find one on the net that will work as an example or wait to post the ad when you do have one. A clickable link to a website containing a pic does not count. THE PIC MUST SHOW UP IN THE THREAD. Also, if you offer something for trade YOU MUST POST A PIC OF IT.

Last edited:

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I guess since I posted I accepted
    desismileys_0481.gif

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    To Austin and the mods involved, I really thought you guys were very tolerant in that last thread debacle which was deleted. Thanks for your labors to keep B.S. up and running smoothly.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    To Austin and the mods involved, I really thought you guys were very tolerant in that last thread debacle which was deleted. Thanks for your labors to keep B.S. up and running smoothly.

Thank you, we appreciate it.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    If you do not like a thread or do not have anything positive to say, do not post anything at all.

Can someone give some context/definition to the idea that a comment has to be "positive"?

Seems like a rather slippery slope and would stifle discussion (oops, was that not a 'positive' comment?)

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Can someone give some context/definition to the idea that a comment has to be "positive"?

Seems like a rather slippery slope and would stifle discussion (oops, was that not a 'positive' comment?)

I think the mods have been doing a fine job honestly. But I do agree that the rules stating only "positive" comments are allowed is a little unrealistic. On the other hand I don't have to deal with what the mods have to, if I did I would probably want that rule in place too!

MALIBU12

Rating - 100%
    71   0   2
    Sep 16, 2008
    slidell

^^^TRUE ^^^

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

A negative comment backed by some form of logic is acceptable. Simply respond: You're stupid, that's stupid, your idea is dumb, I disagree, or something to that extent is not okay.

Comments need to contribute positively. You can disagree or dislike something and still contribute in some way. If someone posts a picture of their new holster asking opinions and you simply state that it is a bad design and doesn't work, that doesn't help. Stating that it is a bad design because it doesn't have adequate retention and X is a better option is much better. See the difference?

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    A negative comment backed by some form of logic is acceptable. Simply respond: You're stupid, that's stupid, your idea is dumb, I disagree, or something to that extent is not okay.

Comments need to contribute positively. You can disagree or dislike something and still contribute in some way. If someone posts a picture of their new holster asking opinions and you simply state that it is a bad design and doesn't work, that doesn't help. Stating that it is a bad design because it doesn't have adequate retention and X is a better option is much better. See the difference?

I do see the difference.

Just so I'm clear, if I respond to a thread with only "I disagree", I'll receive an infraction?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I do see the difference.

Just so I'm clear, if I respond to a thread with only "I disagree", I'll receive an infraction?

Likely so. But why would you want to do that? Disagreeing without providing some time of constructive feedback doesn't help whoever you are disagreeing with.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Likely so. But why would you want to do that? Disagreeing without providing some time of constructive feedback doesn't help whoever you are disagreeing with.

lack of time...lack of interest in an in-depth discussion...there are a lot of threads (historically), where people just respond "no" to whatever it is that's in the OP (without issue)...No problem if that is now against the rules...the board has its reasons for implementing this, time will tell if it makes a difference or not...just wanted to make sure I was understanding the change.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Positive back and forth discussion is good. Is this the best way to do it? No way dude! is ok lol
    But when a thread looks like two, 13 year old girls fighting over a buy on Facebook. We are better than that. Makes everyine here look bad the OP and the members. Lets not drag the site down.
    Keeps Lurkers From being a new constructive member. And good members from participation.
    In most of these crazy threads, "No One" would act like they do here in person.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    lack of time...lack of interest in an in-depth discussion...there are a lot of threads (historically), where people just respond "no" to whatever it is that's in the OP (without issue)...No problem if that is now against the rules...the board has its reasons for implementing this, time will tell if it makes a difference or not...just wanted to make sure I was understanding the change.

And there may be scenarios where that is acceptable. We aren't looking to ban users. We just want quality discussions and less trolling.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I can get on board with this! Although a good trolling is entertaining every now and again...

No doubt Austin and the mods involved let out just enough virtual rope on the gallows in that last comical thread for the key player to strangle himself. Some folks just don't know when to stop.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom