Join BayouShooter For Free
Cajun Ammo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    -Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sliguns View Post
    Can someone give some context/definition to the idea that a comment has to be "positive"?

Seems like a rather slippery slope and would stifle discussion (oops, was that not a 'positive' comment?)
    A negative comment backed by some form of logic is acceptable. Simply respond: You're stupid, that's stupid, your idea is dumb, I disagree, or something to that extent is not okay.

Comments need to contribute positively. You can disagree or dislike something and still contribute in some way. If someone posts a picture of their new holster asking opinions and you simply state that it is a bad design and doesn't work, that doesn't help. Stating that it is a bad design because it doesn't have adequate retention and X is a better option is much better. See the difference?
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AustinBR View Post
    A negative comment backed by some form of logic is acceptable. Simply respond: You're stupid, that's stupid, your idea is dumb, I disagree, or something to that extent is not okay.

Comments need to contribute positively. You can disagree or dislike something and still contribute in some way. If someone posts a picture of their new holster asking opinions and you simply state that it is a bad design and doesn't work, that doesn't help. Stating that it is a bad design because it doesn't have adequate retention and X is a better option is much better. See the difference?
    I do see the difference.

Just so I'm clear, if I respond to a thread with only "I disagree", I'll receive an infraction?
    "Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. America was born of protest, revolution and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long" - Ron Paul

"I can sacrifice my liberties, and you can sacrifice yours, but I cannot sacrifice yours; neither can a majority in Congress sacrifice yours or mine." - Judge Andrew Napolitano

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

I do see the difference.

Just so I'm clear, if I respond to a thread with only "I disagree", I'll receive an infraction?
    Likely so. But why would you want to do that? Disagreeing without providing some time of constructive feedback doesn't help whoever you are disagreeing with.
    -- Austin

--Michael Jordan

Marksman

User Info Menu

Likely so. But why would you want to do that? Disagreeing without providing some time of constructive feedback doesn't help whoever you are disagreeing with.
    lack of time...lack of interest in an in-depth discussion...there are a lot of threads (historically), where people just respond "no" to whatever it is that's in the OP (without issue)...No problem if that is now against the rules...the board has its reasons for implementing this, time will tell if it makes a difference or not...just wanted to make sure I was understanding the change.
    "Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. America was born of protest, revolution and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long" - Ron Paul

"I can sacrifice my liberties, and you can sacrifice yours, but I cannot sacrifice yours; neither can a majority in Congress sacrifice yours or mine." - Judge Andrew Napolitano

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

Positive back and forth discussion is good. Is this the best way to do it? No way dude! is ok lol
    But when a thread looks like two, 13 year old girls fighting over a buy on Facebook. We are better than that. Makes everyine here look bad the OP and the members. Lets not drag the site down.
    Keeps Lurkers From being a new constructive member. And good members from participation.
    In most of these crazy threads, "No One" would act like they do here in person.

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

lack of time...lack of interest in an in-depth discussion...there are a lot of threads (historically), where people just respond "no" to whatever it is that's in the OP (without issue)...No problem if that is now against the rules...the board has its reasons for implementing this, time will tell if it makes a difference or not...just wanted to make sure I was understanding the change.
    And there may be scenarios where that is acceptable. We aren't looking to ban users. We just want quality discussions and less trolling.
    -- Austin

--Michael Jordan

Marksman

User Info Menu

And there may be scenarios where that is acceptable. We aren't looking to ban users. We just want quality discussions and less trolling.
    I can get on board with this! Although a good trolling is entertaining every now and again...

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Saintsfan6 View Post
    I can get on board with this! Although a good trolling is entertaining every now and again...
    I can to. But sometimes a good trolling can have devastating effects if it gets out of hand. Just ask me how I know.
    Last edited by Firearmfanatic; March 7th, 2017 at 12:37 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I am all for this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Saintsfan6 View Post
    No doubt Austin and the mods involved let out just enough virtual rope on the gallows in that last comical thread for the key player to strangle himself. Some folks just don't know when to stop.