Traffic lawyer for tickets recommendations?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If you want to take a chance, you can plead not guilty and see if the Deputy shows up. It will only be reset(continued) twice. It will be dropped if the very busy Deputy, who is putting his life on the line for you while you sit in court, fails to show up for the 3rd court date.
    You should be glad that you only committed a minor violation and that there are people like that "just wasn't nice" Deputy who want to do the work that most people will not do because it is too dangerous or does not pay enough.
    You need to also understand that the Deputy who issued that citation takes a lot of crap from people just for doing a dangerous job. I think he rates some allowances with the pleasantries.

Easy there. I remember my first citation when I was damn sure I was being done an injustice by the deputy, who under the watchful eye of his FTO made me feel a whole two feet shorter that day. Who'da thunk power sliding a limousine was such a big deal?

Landry308

Class 3/SOT/Houma LA
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Houma
    I've used 894 twice, although the last time was 5 or 10 years ago. Never had to do a driver's course, just pay.

lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    My 17 yr old got a ticket in EBR for going 15 over. The DA approved her for Pre trial diversion. She had to take an online class and pay $150. Nothing goes on her record if she doesn't get a ticket within a year. All they want is the $$$. Most DA's have a pre trial program.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Lsufan is right...General society, law, etc.... Even family nowadays, once you break it down, it all boils down to money.. when you have money, you can do whatever whenever and however you want and not have to answer to your actions..... It's sad but true....

general society expects you to "just fit in" and go with the flow. The second you step out of that line, you become a target for anyone and everything... We've become a society of robots that listen to "the man" instead of ourselves..

Last edited:

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    Doesn't sound like an ******* to me, sounds like a man doing his job. After the first 200 people I meet trying to talk their way out of a ticket, I'd have no interest in conversation as well.

Talk to the DA. If you have a clean record, they will work with you. About 10 years ago I got a 89 in a 60 ticket on my motorcycle that I fully deserved, but I had not had a ticket in I think 7 years prior. Told the DA as such and said all I wanted to do was keep it off my record. Ended up changing it to an improper equipment, paid some fines and fees, and took defensive driving.

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My 17 yr old got a ticket in EBR for going 15 over. The DA approved her for Pre trial diversion. She had to take an online class and pay $150. Nothing goes on her record if she doesn't get a ticket within a year. All they want is the $$$. Most DA's have a pre trial program.

This.

- - - Updated - - -

You're not going to need a lawyer LoL. Just call the DA, ask them if you can pay it without it going on your record or knock it down to a non-moving violation.

If they don't do that, which would be incredibly strange, Article 893/894 if you don't plan on getting a DWI in the next few years.

Always smile and say thank you and have a great day. They're not there to hold your hand and be your best friend. You broke the law, acknowledge it, move on. Deal with it after the fact.

and this.

Top Bottom