Road rage in Baton Rouge Friday

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I really believe the traffic around here is starting to make people go nuts. I think we are going to start seeing more and more road rage incidents. Especially as the traffic gets worse and worse which I assure you will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Leads to trading blows on the road. (video in link below)

http://www.wbrz.com/news/watch-two-men-brawl-in-traffic-video-posted-on-facebook-friday

Then later that night (0930) the younger guy in the brawl above drives off the road, hits a tree and dies. He sure had a busy day.

http://www.nola.com/traffic/index.ssf/2017/03/man_shown_fighting_in_video_on.html#incart_most-read_

It just wasnt his day, was it?

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I really believe the traffic around here is starting to make people go nuts. I think we are going to start seeing more and more road rage incidents. Especially as the traffic gets worse and worse which I assure you will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you, but its also people are changing too. This could have just as easily been another road rage shooting. In the video, the older guy is getting back into his vehicle when Walker taunts him. Then he gets back out and the fight is on.

Moral of the story (and I learned this about 15 years ago, looking down the barrel of a total stranger's handgun) is you never know who you are dealing with, and what they are capable of.
    IT ISN'T WORTH IT, over stupidity and bravado and rage. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Walker is the younger guy who ends up dead later that night. Was reading his FB page this morning, he posted several regrets on what took place that day at Highland Rd in BR, before his deadly accident. Its not the first time he was involved in road rage incidents. The real loser is his young son, now without a father forever.

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    Give us the rest of the story

I'd rather not go all into the details.

He was a little man in a big truck and I guess he figured the guy in the Honda would scare easy. Don't go pointing unloaded (or loaded) firearms at people. They might just show you theirs...

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Some of the comments were hilarious after the video went viral- some commending them for 'fighting like men'. :dogkeke:

I mean- never mind that they put on their little show in the middle of one of the busiest interstate exits in the state- in heavy traffic- but who cares about details?

You see people driving like complete idiots every damn day in this town. Frankly, I'm surprised someone playing on their phone didn't careen through and smash both of them. :doh:

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    The rise of road rage killings is very alarming.

I've seen bad drivers and traffic jams since the 50's, 60's and 70's (yeah, I'm old), but rarely did you hear of drivers actually fighting. I lived and drove mainly in the traffic jams of the dense NE US, and there were angry words sometimes exchanged after an actual accident occurred, but even after an accident, drivers rarely went to fists.

I think drug-induced paranoia and inhibition removal plays a part, but is difficult to diagnose and link to driving behavior. IIRC, pot, heroin and alcohol were the main drugs of choice in the 50's through early 70's, when road rage was rarely heard of. Road rage seemed to me to increase with wider-spread use of cocaine, crack, meth and Rx pills.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    It has nothing to do with drugs, people are just Angry! You're not getting in front of me! Even at a red light they won't leave a gap for a side street for people to enter or exit! Let's not even talk about if you have more wheels (pulling a trailer) then them, hell, fewer wheels!! Pure hatred for motorcycles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom