PSA 9mm pistol upper problem

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Only posting this in case anyone else has had issues with PSA's "hybrid" uppers. I experienced the same issue twice, once each time I took it out to shoot. Fractured case right at the rim, all the way around. The first one was brass cased Winchester ball, the second was CCI aluminum. The second time it blew all the gas back through the receiver, blacking my hand and giving me pause. Pulled the mag and field stripped the weapon to find a squib visible from the receiver end of the barrel. No surprise at all.
    ce0829d185d8c1469398eca2a1362f2c.jpg

eea01c55726bc39a8fe32f719f011d35.jpg

3a02ca20caf21c9d564d38f6046edb00.jpg

Called PSA this morning and got a shipping label. Sending them the complete upper. I'll post up the outcome when resolved but I don't expect it will be very soon

TheMole68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    Metairie, LA
    I picked up​ a psa upper from a bs fellow and had some serious extraction issues, used 5 different mags, etc. Sent it back to psa at the beginning of December. Got it back 1st week of January. They replaced ejector extractor and barrel, on their dime, and shipped it back. I've been intending to write it up and post it. I've got lots of pictures too. I've had it out twice since then and no more FTE after about 300 rds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Problems happen, I'll be curious to know what their response is. I respect companies that put out good products, but the ones who step up and fix issues get even more props.

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have also had my eye on this product for quite a while. I guess I will be keeping an eye on this thread to see how the problem is resolved.

I have heard mostly good things about PSA customer service, so hopefully it will be simple for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    What lower are you using with the upper? is it the Glock lower or the Colt mag lower? How many rounds have you fired through it? Just curious as i think I have the exact same upper and only really had time to function test with 20 rounds or so.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    What lower are you using with the upper? is it the Glock lower or the Colt mag lower? How many rounds have you fired through it? Just curious as i think I have the exact same upper and only really had time to function test with 20 rounds or so.
    Glock mags. Less than 50 rounds thru this one. The 7" upper i bought from them has done fine with about 500+ rounds of light ball and various subsonic loads.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I picked up​ a psa upper from a bs fellow and had some serious extraction issues, used 5 different mags, etc. Sent it back to psa at the beginning of December. Got it back 1st week of January. They replaced ejector extractor and barrel, on their dime, and shipped it back. I've been intending to write it up and post it. I've got lots of pictures too. I've had it out twice since then and no more FTE after about 300 rds.

Thank you! Was hoping for some positive feedback. I spent 45 minutes yesterday morning waiting for them to talk to me, they emailed a shipping label and I dropped it at UPS yesterday afternoon.
    I'll post up my results when things pan out

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Thanks magdump I will have to keep an eye on my upper then. I have heard that wait times to talk to them are extremely long but it's good to know they are taking care of you.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Nine days later...
    407875da87f8e654fb96d2da3937a235.jpg

f18f0a73370fae9c098a47f21b77b1cd.jpg

330557c5b716c6d5a3b86d11430a66bc.jpg

The entire upper assembly is a new one off the shelf. Pulled the bolt and charging handle and they're brand new. Also won't miss the small scratch I put on the left side of the other receiver when I threw it down in a pile of spent brass.
    Gonna go run a few mags through her tomorrow and post up before I sing the praises...

TheMole68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    Metairie, LA
    Tell us how the shooting goes. Much quicker turnaround than I had but I sent mine in around the holidays.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Got the SPARC mounted and rezero'd this morning and loaded up 5 mags. 150 rounds without a hiccup. Just got done sending a thank you email.
    I've had mixed feelings to do with PSA for the past several months over problems with 3 orders in a row. They used to be my go to people for nearly everything AR related and the daily deals are also a big plus. Looking over my past orders and realizing I've spent thousands per year for the past few years, I wish they'd get their act together a little better than they have for me. Maybe this is a start.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Thanks John, me too. I was confident that they would do me right, just didn't expect them to be so quick. I've learned to call early in the morning and expect a 30-40 minute wait to talk to someone. Any emails will usually go unanswered.

Top Bottom