How exactly do I get dispositions for CC Permit?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    So I'm fuming righ now. I mailed off everything for my concealed carry permit last April. I went down to the courthouse and told them what I was doing and told them I needed dispositions for arrests for the concealed permit. They charged me 20.00 and apparently gave me the wrong thing cause after yet another email to the permit office they finally told me they could not continue till they had that.

It took them a freaking year to tell me that.

My question is obviously how do I get that? Went to the courthouse in Covington and if they don't know how to give me what I need how am I?

Louisiana's current system for concealed carry permits has to be among the bottom in efficiency.

Thanks in advance for any help.

whatsherface

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Metairie
    My 2003 arrest was in Covington... I sent my packet off. Now, another thing to be worried about!! Lol

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    Im in Orleans Parish....Well my criminal history is in Orleans Parish. I just went to the clerk of courts for the section and asked for a disposition of all cases they have ever had on me. Orleans parish would not release minutes for some reason, so a disposition is all I could get. As long as you send in the dispositions you are supposed to be good to go. Know this may sound elementary but did you leave anything out, or was a charge unintentionally left out of the dispositions? Also did the documents you sent them bear the raised embossed official state seal? Emphasis on raised embossed.

Top Bottom