shiocks

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • waterwarrior

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2017
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    What brand of truck shocks should I use for off-roading? I am in the process off modifying my 2014 Ford F-150 XLT to make it off-road worthy. My set of upgrade include a set of off-road tires, lift kit and heavy duty front and rear bumpers. After purchasing a heavy duty shock absorbers, I plan to purchase a snorkel, fender flares and have a skid plate installed on my truck's underbody. I am currently veering towards Bilstein shocks.

Last edited:

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    I've wondered, once I've selected a brand of shock, how to select the proper model number for a vehicle that has been lifted, as most auto parts stores only go by stock vehicle specs. I would assume that you measure between the shock mounts and then spec a length of shock that at rest is midway between the compressed and extended lengths, and the proper mounts on each end. Does the weight of the vehicle come into play, or just travel....Or is there a different way?

WalterLSU

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    Old Man Emu? Not sure if they make it for the f150 - but they have sets specifically for extra weight which is what you plan on putting on. Also be sure to select a front/rear bumper that works with the airbags - you know if you're not in to dying.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    When you lift the truck PLEASE adjust your freakin' headlights. Please don't be the douchbag who raises their truck, puts the Baziillion watt ultra white blinding death ray lights in and wonders why I slow down to crawl speed because my retinas have been cauterized to my corneas. Thanks!

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    When you lift the truck PLEASE adjust your freakin' headlights. Please don't be the douchbag who raises their truck, puts the Baziillion watt ultra white blinding death ray lights in and wonders why I slow down to crawl speed because my retinas have been cauterized to my corneas. Thanks!

This please. God I can't stand that. And it's worse when they also upgrade to the obnoxious LED bulbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    Not to pull away from here but, I would check out a dedicated Ford Fourm such as f150online.com. It's the oldest and longest continuous run Ford site. The wealth of info there trumps just about every other dedicated ford site combined.
    Now there are a lots of A$$H01es over there that get whinny when they see the same question asked over and over again. Just state that you have used the search function and you must be using the wrong key words and and have been unable to find what you are looking for.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom