Do my CHP application forms have to be notarized by a Louisiana notary?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • youcarrya.40?

No longer carrying a .40
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2017
    Amite La.
    I'm planning to apply for my CHP soon after my basic firearms training class this weekend and was wondering if anyone could tell me if the forms need to be notarized by a Louisiana notary or can they be done by any notary. The reason I ask is that I work for a non-profit organization based in Mississippi, and we have a notary here on campus that would be able to do the forms for me a no cost. It would also be super convenient as I wouldn't have to take time off work to have it done.

thanks for any info you can provide :)

Armbruster Armory

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Lafayette
    A notary is a notary in most cases, so should not have to be state specific.

However, my rule when dealing with the government is that they make the rules, so when in doubt, call Louisiana State Police Concealed Carry division to confirm.

youcarrya.40?

No longer carrying a .40
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2017
    Amite La.
    You can fill out the application online, no notary required.

Ok so after talking with my class instructor he said there is nothing that he knows of that requires you to use a Louisiana notary, however he did suggest using one just in case.

the above is correct, if you fill out the online app, there is no notary required (confirmed by my class instructor as well)

Bayouglock23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2006
    Ok so after talking with my class instructor he said there is nothing that he knows of that requires you to use a Louisiana notary, however he did suggest using one just in case.

the above is correct, if you fill out the online app, there is no notary required (confirmed by my class instructor as well)

I can verify that as well. The on-line application does not require anything to be notarized.

whatsherface

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Metairie

I can verify that as well. The on-line application does not require anything to be notarized.
    where I took my class they had a notary come there. I paid for the notary and sent my application in the mail. Why wouldn't the instructor say we could do the application online? Really makes me upset now looking back. I'm a newbie in CC but should have researched (like I do everything else) before taking the class.

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    where I took my class they had a notary come there. I paid for the notary and sent my application in the mail. Why wouldn't the instructor say we could do the application online? Really makes me upset now looking back. I'm a newbie in CC but should have researched (like I do everything else) before taking the class.
    Most likely to increase their profit margin, and give them another "selling point." They try to sell you on them being a "one stop shop" for Concealed Carry Permits... almost giving the illusion that you'll be printing cards at the end of the class.

whatsherface

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Metairie
    Most likely to increase their profit margin, and give them another "selling point." They try to sell you on them being a "one stop shop" for Concealed Carry Permits... almost giving the illusion that you'll be printing cards at the end of the class.
    . I see this now.. crazy.. thanks for replying.

Top Bottom