22 subsonic

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheBigRServices

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Loranger, La
    So my daughter is to the age where she wants to shoot so I chopped the barrel and stock and put a little .22 silencer on it. i havnt bought or shot .22 since before sandy hook because i never really had much desire to hunt down ammo when theres much funner guns to shoot that i can actually find ammo for.
    so anyways i am looking for some .22 ammo that will cycle her mossberg plinkster and be as quiet as possible. i have no clue if "standard velocity " will actually be subsonic out the 16" barrel or not. any recommendations?

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    cci standard velocity is subsonic out of a 16", works great and functions in my ruger 10/22 take down lite with and without suppressor

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      251 KB · Views: 133

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    As stated above. Look for ammo 1100 fps and under, which is below the speed of sound. Most ammo rated at 1050ish and above will generally cycle a semi auto action with no worries.
    I have found the CCI standard velocity to be very consistent in every rifle I've shot it through

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    A number of manufacturers have started making SubSonic .22LR... Gemtech, Federal and CCI all make a great .22LR round. If you're ever in Metairie, LA... Jefferson Gun Outlet has a pretty good selection in stock now that the craze has died down.

Another place you may want to check is AMMOSEEK.COM... easiest way to find ammo and have it shipped straight to your door.

The above is correct though... some higher FPS rounds will be subsonic as they leave the barrel when used in a rifle (depending on the barrel length).

Last edited:

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    I really like the gemtech 22lr subsonics. A little more $ per round but the coating doesn't gum up the action, and the sound, function and accuracy are all pretty good.

Bmash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Zachary, LA
    I really like Gemtech 42 gr subsonic. Shoots well out of both pistols and rifles. SWFA had it on sale last week for $4.50 a box of 50 with free shipping. It is $4.98 now.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I like the Standard Velocity as well, sounds awesome in my bolt action Ruger American and cycles fine my Ruger MkIV pistol so I imagine it will cycle a rifle. In the rifle you only hear the firing pin and the round impact, it is tons of fnu

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom