Threatened in the 9th Ward at 4:15 am this morning.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I don't think the OP is willing to disclose this info. But I'm willing to wager it WAS NOT a Glock.

Based on connecting a few dots in the big pic, I'm guessing a 1911 variant.

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    I contacted him via PM. Honestly, I don't think he is still following this thread. I only asked because I read somewhere the gun I was thinking about purchasing for carry was prone to having this problem. He had an XDS 9mm :( Now I am hesitant to purchase one. There is a smoking hot deal on one where I could get it and an ar for 850. I just can't press buy because of the nose diving on the XDs with defensive loads. Guess John is close with the 1911 variant. The xds uses a 2 piece feed ramp which buggers things up a bit.

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I contacted him via PM. Honestly, I don't think he is still following this thread. I only asked because I read somewhere the gun I was thinking about purchasing for carry was prone to having this problem. He had an XDS 9mm :( Now I am hesitant to purchase one. There is a smoking hot deal on one where I could get it and an ar for 850. I just can't press buy because of the nose diving on the XDs with defensive loads. Guess John is close with the 1911 variant. The xds uses a 2 piece feed ramp which buggers things up a bit.

Nix the XDS 9mm and go elsewhere. Talk to Chris at Interstate Guns why, and for very profound reasons (several). Sounds like the PSA deal. If your life will ever depend on ur handgun, run away from the XDS.

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    Yea it is a PSA daily, I love the XD line, but the feeding issues with the xds kinda scares me. I have the duty model and sub in 9mm and have been satisfied with them so far, but as much as I wanted to get an xds to carry but I think the nose diving reloads situation is unacceptable. What good are 6 mags if the weapon cant get a round into battery when it counts? For what its worth the OP said he was able to change ammo and the firearm is functioning as it should now, but my ammo selection is fairly limited at the moment. Think I am going to go with a shield, or buy the bundle and trade for a shield. Anything wrong with PSA rifles that you know of? Is there a forum where I can read about Chris's experience with the pistol?

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I should add my verbiage above may be a bit strong. Interstate Firearms stocks and sells the XDS too. As Chris can explain, from an armorer's standpoint, there a couple "less than desirable" aspects of the design and implementation.
    Sigs and Glocks are pretty much bulletproof, imo. Interstate usually has em all on hand and Chris is very knowledgeable and willing to demonstrate and explain attributes.

I have no direct experience with PSA rifles. But there are many here who have. Message Magdump here, he has lots of experience with many brands/manufacturers of AR15 rifles. I would say he is def a SME :)

Last edited:

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Yea it is a PSA daily, I love the XD line, but the feeding issues with the xds kinda scares me. I have the duty model and sub in 9mm and have been satisfied with them so far, but as much as I wanted to get an xds to carry but I think the nose diving reloads situation is unacceptable. What good are 6 mags if the weapon cant get a round into battery when it counts? For what its worth the OP said he was able to change ammo and the firearm is functioning as it should now, but my ammo selection is fairly limited at the moment. Think I am going to go with a shield, or buy the bundle and trade for a shield. Anything wrong with PSA rifles that you know of? Is there a forum where I can read about Chris's experience with the pistol?

I replaced the XDs 9mm with a Shield in .45 for personal carry, my truck gun for going to and coming from work is a G17 MOS with Streamlight TLR-1 HL, Vortex Venum, and suppressor sights. I used to carry the Xds mostly when I rode my motorcycle. I also carried an M&P9c for many years and swap that with my G19 sometimes. I tested the Shield with 200 and 230 JHP's and it functions fine. 230's do hurt but that is what I'm carrying in it. At 10 yds with wrist rested on sandbag I was able to put 6 shots in a little over 1.25 inches twice. I will put the Apex Duty kit in it like my 9c and be happy. XDs has functioned fine after switching loads, ran 50 without a hiccup.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

You won't regret the Shield. I edc either a Bodyguard, Shield, or MP9c, depending on clothing. I'd recommend all.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    S&W advertising a $75 mail in rebate right now on the 45 Shield, nolaboy. That's a pretty sweet incentive. Fuget dat XDs.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    S&W advertising a $75 mail in rebate right now on the 45 Shield, nolaboy. That's a pretty sweet incentive. Fuget dat XDs.

Meh, .45 doesn't give much benefit over the 9mm from a carry capacity.

TheBigRServices

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Loranger, La
    I don't think the OP is willing to disclose this info. But I'm willing to wager it WAS NOT a Glock.

Based on connecting a few dots in the big pic, I'm guessing a 1911 variant.
    i used to carry a g36. it would nose dive the first round on a full mag every once in a while. and thats not even why i quit carrying it lol. but maybe the g36 wasnt glocks proudest moment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    nolaboy, I'd verify myself the specific model in question has the $75 rebate applicable on the S&W website, pretty easy to do. Easy to get burned by misleading or defective info. "Oh, I made a mistake, my bad, I'm so sorry". None of the newer model M2.0 are rebate eligible.

Link to S&W shield models: https://www.smith-wesson.com/pistols

Last edited:

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    Give this thread a few more pages and Emp will be ranting about how the whole incident is somehow Obama's fault..... :dogkeke:[/QUOTE said:
    You mean it is NOT!

Top Bottom