Rossi horrible warranty repair /replacement time frame .

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I bought a couple of little used Taurus 605 .357s in the past year to keep in the cars. Wouldn't ever shoot 357 out of em, but they have done just fine with .38. Pretty accurate at 7 yards, too.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I bought a couple of little used Taurus 605 .357s in the past year to keep in the cars. Wouldn't ever shoot 357 out of em, but they have done just fine with .38. Pretty accurate at 7 yards, too.

That makes three of us now very lucky. Maybe we should start a Powerball pool? :)

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    They're not bad guns overall and you may have no bad luck at all but...we just happen to see more issues on the gunsmithing side with those brands more than any of the current manufacturers on the market today.

Last edited:

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Anybody else find it strange that a country that does not allow its citizens to own guns, makes guns for export.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Anybody else find it strange that a country that does not allow its citizens to own guns, makes guns for export.

I have been to Brazil many times and at the time residents could own small caliber pistols but not military caliber pistols.

Last edited:

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I have been to Brazil many times and at the time residents could own small caliber pistols but not military caliber pistols.

Truth. I had a guy that was visiting from Brazil come into the shop. He bought some kind of 40 cal spare mags because theyre really expensive there.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    I bought a lightly used Taurus .357, the internal hammer model that's like the Smith 640, and it's one of two guns I've ever sold off. The trigger and cylinder would randomly lock up and it would take several tries at the trigger to get it to cycle. No thanks. Also, it was a beast with .357, and I already owned a lighter .38 so why keep a heavier one that's meant to be .357.

firelane

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    Nine Mile Point LA
    Update..they finally sent me a replacement firearm. A taurus 856 6 shot snub nose. It took long enough. I will probably never buy another Braztech product but at least they made it right
    They sent me a Taurus because Rossi no longer makes pistols.

Last edited by a moderator:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Wow, glad it worked out, how long total? 2 years? Dang. I’d expect litigation.
    Btw, it may have been by their choice to request a FFL to deliver a replacement to, but it’s not necessary by law here. There may be a state law where they’re located that requires an FFL for receipt. I’ve had a few replacement by warranty guns shipped directly to my home address. The most recent was from Walther about a year or so back. Not sure about the exact law but there it is.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Wow, glad it worked out, how long total? 2 years? Dang. I’d expect litigation.
    Btw, it may have been by their choice to request a FFL to deliver a replacement to, but it’s not necessary by law here. There may be a state law where they’re located that requires an FFL for receipt. I’ve had a few replacement by warranty guns shipped directly to my home address. The most recent was from Walther about a year or so back. Not sure about the exact law but there it is.

If the replacement has the SAME Serial # as the original firearm, it can be shipped to your house. If not, it MUST go thru an FFL.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    What about their lever action rifles ?

I have about 6 of their lever guns and have never had a single problem with them. Nothing new though from within the past 5 years or so. Also have a Judge that has never giving me any problems. Thankfully I have not had to use their customer service.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    If the replacement has the SAME Serial # as the original firearm, it can be shipped to your house. If not, it MUST go thru an FFL.

Well, as posted here when it happened, pics included, Walther sent me the updated version of the P-22 with a completely different number. I bought it used with a broken hammer spring for $100. I guess Walther thought it was easier to just send me a new pistol, which they did in about 1 week.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom