Rossi horrible warranty repair /replacement time frame .

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firelane

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    Nine Mile Point LA
    A few years back I was at Academy and saw that they had a Rossi r38501 38spl with a 3 inch barrel on sale for $199 so I bought one . I figured for $200 dollars why not , right ? well I took it to the range twice without any issues . The third time that I took it out and went to go shoot it the cylinder would spin but the hammer would not come back . so I called Rossi and told them about my issue and they told me to send it in and they would have one of there gunsmith's look at it so I did . well two months went by and I did not hear from them so I decided to call them . They told me that my firearm could not be repaired and they would send me a replacement to the FFL dealer of my choice. Another month went by so I figured I would call back and the c/s rep that I spoke with said that the gun was on back order and that she could not give me a time frame in when they would get any in . well about a month later I called back and was told that that model was still on back order and that if I liked they would send me a 357 with a 2 inch in which I said sure . About a month later I called back to check on the status of my replacement and was told that all of their revolvers were back ordered and they would send me one when they came in . well today has made a year since my firearm has arrived at Rossi and I still do not have a replacement . I called once more today and asked to speak with a supervisor and was told the same thing, back orderd . I am very unhappy with the customer service and will be sending the c.e.o a letter about this . I was just wondering if anyone else had this this kind of issue with Rossi/Taurus ? I will never buy another one of their products .

Landry308

Class 3/SOT/Houma LA
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Houma
    Taurus is crap IMO. Have bought 2 over the years (for customers) and both had to be returned for repairs new out of the box. One 380 auto and one 357 revolver. I tell customers "If you order a Taurus, and there is a problem with it, don't call me. Call Taurus"

firelane

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    Nine Mile Point LA
    I hear you , I do own other gun's like Smith and Wesson , Beretta and Glock, I just thought it was a good deal at the time , boy was I wrong ...you live and you learn eh . I just want them to make it right . Also I cant find an email for the C.E.O if any of you have it would be highly appreciated.

Last edited:

Landry308

Class 3/SOT/Houma LA
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Houma
    It's a shame, too. The 357 was the all titanium model, very light and comfortable. If not for Taurus (lack of) quality, I could have seen wanting one for myself. Oh well......
    I think they have some good ideas, but poor execution.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Every time I get tempted to buy a Black Friday Rossi, I remind myself that I already have much better Smith and Ruger revolvers. I opt to buy ammo instead to enjoy quality guns I already own.

firelane

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    Nine Mile Point LA
    Sounds about right , it will prob be 7 more . The only other Taurus that I own is a model 80 " model 10 clone " that is a bout 45 years old and is a really smooth shooting gun .

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    I own a Rossi 357/38spl lever and it does just fine with the exception of flat nose rounds, it won't feed those. So no hollow points, which does suck. I got a deal on it and would rather have a rifle that i can shoot round nose with than a headache/no rifle while dealing with Rossi customer service...

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I am not surprised to hear this. I sell Rossi and Taurus all the time at work...but not with out rightfully informing the customer about the midline quality/midline reputation/midline price point reputation that these companies are known for.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I must have OVER 10,000 rounds thru my 5 PT-1911's... 2, 45ACP, 2, 9mm and one in 38 Super.... I haven't shot my Kimber's the last 8 years....

The PT-1911 is worth the money if you don't mind sharp edges. The PT-92 is solid if you use Mecgar mags. It's their pocket pistols that you want to avoid.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    Call into Gun Talk on Sunday and tell Tom about the problem. Sometimes he has inside contacts that can make things happen. At the very least the issue will have nation wide coverage, companies don't like that kind of free publicity.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    So what we can conclude from this discussion is Taurus has some QC issues, and their CS isn't very good. You buy a Taurus and if you have an issue, you just might be on ur own. I personally have owned and/or sold 3 or 4 Taurus handguns over the last 25 years and haven't experienced any of these issues. Guess I am lucky.

I just purchased a Taurus 709 Slim compact 9mm single stack from Sportsmanguide maybe 2 months ago, for $227. Twice to the range and it eats anything I put thru it. Not a single issue or hickup. Very impressed. Adjustable sights too. SG is selling em now for $200...a freaking steal! Very similar to the Glock design, strips the same.

Taurus 709 Slim at SG http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/taurus-709-slim-semi-automatic-9mm-3-barrel-71-rounds?a=2122201

Last edited:

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I bought a Rossi 92 in 44 mag a couple of months ago fully aware of them being hit or miss. Good luck so far, but would not be a surprise if something went south with it. Plan would be to send it to one of the cowboy shooting gunsmiths if that happens to be fixed/slicked. That's the plan anyway.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    So what we can conclude from this discussion is Taurus has some QC issues, and their CS isn't very good. You buy a Taurus and if you have an issue, you just might be on ur own. I personally have owned and/or sold 3 or 4 Taurus handguns over the last 25 years and haven't experienced any of these issues. Guess I am lucky.

I just purchased a Taurus 709 Slim compact 9mm single stack from Sportsmanguide maybe 2 months ago, for $227. Twice to the range and it eats anything I put thru it. Not a single issue or hickup. Very impressed. Adjustable sights too. SG is selling em now for $200...a freaking steal! Very similar to the Glock design, strips the same.

Taurus 709 Slim at SG http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/taurus-709-slim-semi-automatic-9mm-3-barrel-71-rounds?a=2122201

I purchased he Taurus pt111 G2 for $200 about a year ago. It has fed everything I put through it, I am not disappointed at all with it. Maybe I'm just lucky though.

Top Bottom