Glock 17 Trigger Pull Results

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Today I decided to work on my G17 MOS and see what results I get as I polished parts/changed springs. Initial pull weight avg was 5#2.6 oz. I polished the FPB and Striker, replace the striker spring with a 5# Wolf, that brought the pull weight down 7 oz. to 4# 5.2 oz, Then I polished all the internals, put a Zev connector (I also polished it). Pull weight came down to 3# 14 oz. I did not replace the FPB spring or the trigger return spring. So just doing that little bit reduced the pull and felt better too. I will test again later with a lighter FPB spring and a heavier Zev Trigger spring on another day, but the trigger feels way better. I also plan to drill and tap the original parts and install set screws for over travel, and pre-travel. I think the over-travel stop will take away the sponginess like on my Vanek in my 19, and Lone Wolf in my 34. Can't wait to check my splits on the next range trip.

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    If it is a Gen 4 Glock the 6# trigger spring with a reduced firing pin spring MAY weaken trigger reset.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John1994
    Top Bottom