M1 Garand Match/Clinic Pictures?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    I was talking to a friend who lives in New York today. He was bemoaning the fact that the libs up there have been making it almost impossible to compete in matches due to all of the ridiculous restrictions and laws on transporting ammo, etc. He obtained a new M1 Garand and was hoping to find somewhere to shoot High Power matches and get started in the sport. Naturally, the first thing I told him to do was move! Too cold up there anyhow. ;)

Being the nice kind of guy I am, I was telling him about how lucky we are in LA to have so many ways for any shooter to compete in just about any discipline. We REALLY are blessed BTW.

I started looking for pictures and info about M1 specific events we have every year around here to show him. Things like the Palo Alto Pearl Harbor/Battle of Bastogne HPR Match we just had in December, the clinic that is run at Honey Island, etc, and couldn't find any! If someone could steer me to some or even post any they might have here I would really like to see them.

Guess we really need to do better in general at taking pics during matches so we can brag a little, but also have some to show new shooters who might be interested in getting involved.

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    While I agree NY has really stupid firearms laws inflicted upon it's residents, there are a number of active CMP affiliated shooting clubs. Your friend can search for them here:
    https://ct.thecmp.org/app/v1/index.php?do=clubSearch

Here is an upcoming CMP Garand clinic in NY, don't know how far from him it is:

Sponsoring Affiliate Massena Rifle & Pistol Club
    Match Dates 05/13/17 through 05/13/17
    Location Massena, NY
    Match Director Barry Dietlein
    Contact Barry Dietlein
    Phone 315-769-2095
    Email barryd@twcny.rr.com

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I attended the Garand clinic at Honey Island in 2014. Enjoyed it greatly. I am thinking of going again this year with my son.

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    The first thing that I did was to send my friend all of the links to CMP, NRA, US Rifle Teams and all that stuff. He is fixed up as far as where and when there are matches to attend. Some of the real problem is getting to and from without incident or taking the risk of getting pulled over and having your day ruined by some less knowledgeable or self appointed zealot. Seems it happens frequently.

Thanks everyone. Keep them coming and I appreciate it.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    Not a Garand and not in LA but here is a picture of me shooting offhand in the Springfield 03 Match at National Matches at Camp Perry Ohio.
    I placed 4th btw.

Attachments

• springfield match.jpg
      springfield match.jpg
      137.9 KB · Views: 102

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom