3 Gun South Central LA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cajuntireur

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2017
    Charenton, LA
    I'm interested in finding a place that I can practice 3 gun format shooting, transitions, etc. I'm located about halfway between Morgan City & Lafayette. I don't have any background in competitive shooting, but interested, so even a nearby location that offers the opportunity to shoot 3 gun through paid instruction would be helpful.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Welcome to Bayou Shooter.
    The East Ascension Practical Shooters will be hosting another Multi-Gun shoot on the second Sunday of April. If you check the "LaGator.org" web page it will give you the host range, along with the dates and times of many of the matches in this area. You could also look at the Competition section of this forum as many of the other matches post on here as well. If yhou still can't find what your looking for, then send me a Private Message and I'll see what we can do.

Thanks,

Bryan

Lets_Ride

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Google SMSPS. There are matches in Biloxi on the third Sat of every month and Poplarville on the first Sunday of the month. The Poplarville matches do not run in the heat of summer.

cajuntireur

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2017
    Charenton, LA
    Can anyone go as a spectator to one of these events? I'd like to see what it's all about before I join in the competition.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

SMR412

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    P-ville
    FYI, don't just go to watch. Within minutes you will wish you had signed up to shoot. Don't know about other events but the one put on by EAPS is extremely new shooter friendly. Everyone is more than willing to answer questions and help. If you make the drive by all means being your stuff to shoot.

cajuntireur

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2017
    Charenton, LA
    FYI, don't just go to watch. Within minutes you will wish you had signed up to shoot. Don't know about other events but the one put on by EAPS is extremely new shooter friendly. Everyone is more than willing to answer questions and help. If you make the drive by all means being your stuff to shoot.
    That's what I'm talking about. Guys willing to help get a new guy involved. Thanks for the info.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Why not shoot a USPSA match. It's just handgun or handgun caliber carbines but you will learn the rules and get a feel for how things work. There are more of these matches, so you will get in more shooting.

Bryan

Lets_Ride

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    The Biloxi match is very beginner friendly. I went to Poplarville for my first match and found it a little intimidating. The people are awesome and very helpful bit the match is in the woods as oppsed to a range environment. That being said, there is a match in Poplarville on Sunday.

cajuntireur

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2017
    Charenton, LA
    It's all a bit intimidating for me. I've put in alot of range time, but I've never done any type of action shooting. I haven't come across any ranges near me where you can practice action shooting, but I'd be willing to go to a competition as a beginner and give it a shot (no pun intended). With that said though, I also don't want to appear to be completely incompetent when I stink up the joint.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    The match in Poplarville is more advanced than the others with changing 180's, natural terrian, much longer shots and more physical. But it can be done and we're just as friendly and helpful to new shooters as the other clubs :D

SMR412

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    P-ville
    It's all a bit intimidating for me. I've put in alot of range time, but I've never done any type of action shooting. I haven't come across any ranges near me where you can practice action shooting, but I'd be willing to go to a competition as a beginner and give it a shot (no pun intended). With that said though, I also don't want to appear to be completely incompetent when I stink up the joint.

I am not a competition shooter by any means. I just enjoy the hobby of shooting and do not go to be competitive with anyone other than myself. You do not have to be fast to enjoy doing a 3 gun match. You will see some impressive shooters but there will also be others like myself just there taking up space and time. Just take it one step at a time. You won't get better worrying about not being better.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    We as a rule to help and encourage new shooters. We want you to return. We are have more clout in bigger numbers. We want new shooters to bring in more new shooters and youngsters as well. We realize you don't have all the equipment we use, we'll either help you with that by loaning you some or show you where to get it for later use.
    We also understand your apprehension in competing but like the man said you won't get any better if you don't participate. As long as you follow the rules and are safe, you are welcome. Most follow the USPSA rule and they can be found at"uspsa.org".

Bryan

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    So are there any USPA matches around Lafayette or farther west in the state? I am in the Jennings area and would like to shoot some matches when I can get more free time.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    There is/was one around the Fort Polk area but not sure If they are still shooting there. The crew around Pineville might be shooting some.

Bryan

Pirate

Training Wheels
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Belle Chasse, La
    When you attend your first couple matches try to focus on being safe and having fun. To me it doesn't matter how well you shoot in your first couple matches as long as you can do it safely. Try to learn as much as you can. Others shooters will help you out a bunch. I also recommend shooting a USPSA pistol match first. It will help you get used to the rules and range commands without throwing in two extra guns and a more complex stage plan. Good Luck!

Top Bottom