Pocket carry?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bradbrla

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2016
    Gonzales
    I am a bigger guy and prefer (for the sake of comfort) to carry my EDC in a pocket holster. IWB is downright uncomfortable, OWB prints too much [please don't give me clothing suggestions], and I honestly like the feel and accessibility of my pocket holster.

So here's my situation: I always carry a round chambered, and my primary EDC is a Glock 26. Carrying without one chambered is uncomfortable to me. My uncertainty is this: when I go out to dinner with friends or family or sit in a conference room at work... anything pretty much that has me sitting across from someone, table or not, I'm now (unintentionally) pointing a loaded weapon at them with a round chambered, and no external safety (Glock) other than the absence of my index finger. Anyone have thoughts on this? I have a quality holster, nothing else is ever in that pocket, nor does my hand even go in that pocket unless I am drawing, repositioning or removing or removing it at the end of the day.

Thoughts/suggestions? Safe (enough) to carry this way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Thanks for the suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as the trigger is covered adequately there is no chance of accidental discharge. Psychologically it is just not comfortable to have a gun in any condition pointed toward anyone, for you or the other person. I'm not certain how to address that other than maybe being careful in which direction you sit and not telling everyone in the restaurant that their naval is in danger of being perforated.
    Also a discretionary gun shift in your pocket will point the gun downward.

Top Bottom