Steelin' Some Fish Tacos!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    I'll try this again. Last night I had it typed up and ready to post when the internet service blinked and I lost it.

Yesterday morning I put some catfish fillets in a zip bag seasoned the same way I did the shrimp for the trade show.

DSC01001.jpg

So yesterday afternoon was a gorgeous one and lighting the Keg I realized I had no beer. I did however have some ice cold tequila. And that goes nicely with tacos and grilling.

DSC01005.jpg

Before putting the steel on to heat I put a couple of slices of fresh pineapple and a jalapeno to use as a taco add on for whoever wanted it.

DSC01003.jpg

Sipping some Hornitos Black Barrel while the big round steel was heating up. I added a matchstick of a fresh jalapeno for a little extra zip and it definitely brought some heat on with every little sip.

DSC01004.jpg

Some of the fish after flipping it. Don't worry, the part that stuck on the steel came off nicely and it was some of the best part of the fish taco.

DSC01008.jpg

I think this was two pounds of catfish and you'd be surprised how many tacos that makes.

DSC01011.jpg

Last night's fish steelin' for tacos was a great dinner but it was also a test to see how good they would be for a little fundraiser on May 5. I'll need to make at least 200 of whatever I decide to serve. So as good as these came out this might have to be one of the two items I'll end up serving. Yeah over 400 appetizer sized serving. Lol.......

Here's a sample of one of the tacos made and consumed last night. I had also whipped up a sour cream sauce for the fish tacos that came out fantastic.

DSC01015.jpg

Actually, this was a flour tortilla that I cut down to 4 inch rounds as part of the testing. Everyone loved them and thought they were the perfect size. Two reasons for that..... there will be lots of Cinco de Mayo foods for eating and second because it takes less fish to make the smaller soft taco that the regular full sized. Also they look kind of unique that they won't look like any other taco should there be others.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Nicely done as always, and might I say wow for taking on 400 app servings.
    My kids would now rather eat grilled fish over fried any day of the week. I know you have a fine steel but if you want to try something different I've had these Teflon grill mats for 6-7 years now and they are simply incredible.
    https://m.bedbathandbeyond.com/m/pr...e=&network=g&gclid=CJOd4pCWhNMCFZq4wAodJKMB7A
    Nothing sticks to them and they produce grill marks through the mat. Now I see them advertising a copper colored mat too.
    Just food for thought.

Sent via telegraph by the same fingers I use to sip whiskey

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    Always wondered how those mats work but wondered some about durability.

Fish tacos! Dat makes ma mouf wata. Flour tortillas and some mango chutney on mine please. Have me wondering about the sour cream sauce you made up though. Sure looks tasty.

Top Bottom