Quality Gunsmith in Louisiana

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tikanni

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Metairie, LA
    Alright everybody,

I'm looking for a gunsmith in Louisiana to do some work on a Remington 700. Right now it's chambered in .308. Looking to get it re-barreled in 6.5 Creedmoor. Possibly cerakoted also.

If you know of any quality gunsmiths, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Craig

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Alright everybody,

I'm looking for a gunsmith in Louisiana to do some work on a Remington 700. Right now it's chambered in .308. Looking to get it re-barreled in 6.5 Creedmoor. Possibly cerakoted also.

If you know of any quality gunsmiths, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Craig

Not sure if he's accepting work or not right now but I suggest checking with Ted @ Ritten Precision.

CG&L

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    Pine Grove, La
    There are several gunsmiths in South Louisiana that do good barrel work. I'm surprised more haven't responded, they will eventually.

What do you plan on doing with the rifle? Do you just want an accurate rifle for target shooting? Do you want something more serious for Palo Alto?
    Magazine conversion?

tikanni

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Metairie, LA
    There are several gunsmiths in South Louisiana that do good barrel work. I'm surprised more haven't responded, they will eventually.

What do you plan on doing with the rifle? Do you just want an accurate rifle for target shooting? Do you want something more serious for Palo Alto?
    Magazine conversion?

The gun is going to be used primarily as a comp gun, mostly PRS type matches.

The gun will probably be in a chassis so no mag conversion needed.

CG&L

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    Pine Grove, La
    Don Geraci(985)878-6113 has built a number of rifles for Pal Alto. He lives in Independence, this shouldn't be too far of a drive for you. It would be a good idea to go to a match and talk to some of the competitors. You'll get a good idea on the specifics about what's needed to have a competitive rifle. There are several members here that will be a lot of help.

Silken

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    You can't go wrong with Shawn Broussard out of Iota, LA. Titan Precision LLC. He has built quite a few winning rifles that shoot out of Palo Alto.

TheBigRServices

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Loranger, La
    Maybe purchase a membership or business sponsorship? Might help if you are offering services for hire. :dunno: I dunno man.
    i was a sponsor for a few months and grossed less than it cost me from customers that came from this site. advertising is tough to see results from in many forms of media. im sure it works great for many sponsors on this site.. just didnt make sense for me to keep spending that money.

i do like don though.. hes a hoot and knows the 700 well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    i was a sponsor for a few months and grossed less than it cost me from customers that came from this site. advertising is tough to see results from in many forms of media. im sure it works great for many sponsors on this site.. just didnt make sense for me to keep spending that money.

i do like don though.. hes a hoot and knows the 700 well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

I've been stuck by 2 Bayoushooter Sponsors and had 2 others that flat out refused to return my calls for sales over $3k. On a local forum like this more should be done to ensure we have quality sponsors that the members can trust.

And you are correct about it being hard gauge return on investment when it comes to advertising.

eMGunslinger

Weapon Savant
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    I got nothing from mine either or the guys who called and setup appointments to bring in firearm work either blew me off or when I did the work never came back for their stuff.

It was a lose lose for me as well

FRC Indoor Range

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2017
    Baton Rouge, LA
    We always send our customers to either Fords Firearms or Aklys Defense. Both are extremely knowledgeable and do really good work.

-Cole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    A lot of the gunsmiths that use to do rifle work are not taking work because of the "manufacturing" clause in a recent clarification by the ATF and the requirements of 07 manufacturers required to register for ITAR. It's not as simple or cheap to operate within the perimeters of the law. I can steer you in a correct direction on manufactures/ 07's that would be happy to do you a quality job. Feel free to call at (225)244-1686.

djdig

F@ck Me Right?
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Thibodaux, La
    A lot of the gunsmiths that use to do rifle work are not taking work because of the "manufacturing" clause in a recent clarification by the ATF and the requirements of 07 manufacturers required to register for ITAR. It's not as simple or cheap to operate within the perimeters of the law. I can steer you in a correct direction on manufactures/ 07's that would be happy to do you a quality job. Feel free to call at (225)244-1686.

Dead on with the "manufacturing" clause.

CBORNE01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    ++ for Don Geraci, masterful work with one hell of a resume.
    Also recently had a few dealings with Joe Arabie (Arrowbee Precision LLC) near Thibodaux and saw some of his work that looked great. He loves the long range game.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom