Bayou Shooter Meet Up!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Oct 22, 2012
    I have been actively working with FRC management to get this event setup. An RSVP link will be posted later as will more information. Right now we just want to get the word out, so please tell your BayouShooter friends. More details to come soon.

Range fees will be included. It will be BYOA (bring your own ammo). There may be special terms regarding shooting the full-auto weapons provided (they may require NIB ammo be purchased there to use said weapons).

Austin

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Done.

John_

Shooter
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Austin, any info as to which specific full auto firearms will be available to test drive? 9mm or 5.56x45 maybe?

So one can bring specific ammo.

Also, how many total lanes/slots are there available at FRC for shooters?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Oct 22, 2012
    Austin, any info as to which specific full auto firearms will be available to test drive? 9mm or 5.56x45 maybe?

More info to come on the full auto firearms. I'm also not sure if the company providing them will allow people to use ammo that isn't bought there (for obvious reasons).

There are eight lanes if I remember correctly. Everyone should have plenty of time to shoot and we can easily rotate people between lanes.

I'm also open to a few friendly competitions.

toddmtnbkr

Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA

Don't know about class 3 stuff....
    But they have (8) 25 yard lanes currently and a shoot house (but simunitions only in shoot house).
    Don't think the shoot house will be being used during this meet up, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grandpa

Jun 22, 2014
    New Orleans
    I said I'd be there. I'd like to know more about this range. I'm looking for a place to shoot. I am hoping I can be there as I am currently undergoing treatment for cancer. I assume I bring my own weapons and ammo.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Oct 22, 2012
    I said I'd be there. I'd like to know more about this range. I'm looking for a place to shoot. I am hoping I can be there as I am currently undergoing treatment for cancer. I assume I bring my own weapons and ammo.

You bring your own weapons and ammo, or rent their weapons and use their ammo. It has seven 25-yard indoor lanes and a big shoot house for use with simunition rounds.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You bring your own weapons and ammo, or rent their weapons and use their ammo. It has seven 25-yard indoor lanes and a big shoot house for use with simunition rounds.

From the range FAQ:

What guns/calibers do you allow on the range?
    We welcome all pistol calibers and shotguns and rifles, up to a 308 Winchester or 7.62 NATO. We limit larger calibers because they can be uncomfortable for other shooters in an indoor space, which leads to safety concerns.

I was curious so there's a chance someone else might be as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom