Tomahawks flying tonight

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    You are aware that there are many different types of payloads that the Tomahawk can deliver? Right? I'm sure there was a combination of munitions delivered.

I wonder how beautiful you would think cluster/fascam munitions are if you ever drove a 5 Ton dump truck over one that failed to detonate. Personally, I abhor fascam munitions.

Cluster munitions are the best choice for destroying planes and fuel tanks on an airbase.
    As far as driving a truck over a UXB goes, I will not be returning to Southwest Asia any time soon. If I ever return to that area, I will let you know if I drive over one of our bombs.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Well....

92a1f1166c5286a8d1bb1714c1681040.jpg

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Cluster munitions are the best choice for destroying planes and fuel tanks on an airbase.
    As far as driving a truck over a UXB goes, I will not be returning to Southwest Asia any time soon. If I ever return to that area, I will let you know if I drive over one of our bombs.

Planes are generally stored in hardened hangars in that area of the world. Fuel tanks under ground. They also defiled the runways and took out the traffic control tower. This is why I suggested that a variety of payloads were likely delivered.
    The cluster munitions would be good for denial of use on the runways, but would do little to the hangers, fuel and tower. Most likely 1K# bomb was used on the tower. Not sure about the hangers, but I'm sure our Uncle has something designed just for that.

As for driving over fascam bomblet, been there, done that. Driver refused to drive until we welded a steel plate under the cab of the truck. Shrapnel came through the cab between us, and bounced around after hitting the overhead of the truck bed. Remarkably, nobody was hurt, but both of us needed new BDU's our of our rucks.

I too, have no desire to return to that corner of our globe. Quite content here at home.:pimp:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom