Who is in Ponchatoula

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Just moved to Ponchatoula near Old Sawmill Road. I can hear someone shooting in the evenings to the North of me. Sounds more like target practice rather than hunting. Member here?

ahoover123

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Just moved to Ponchatoula near Old Sawmill Road. I can hear someone shooting in the evenings to the North of me. Sounds more like target practice rather than hunting. Member here?

TPS, Tangi Practical Shooters, opens the Tangipahoa Parish Sheriffs Range in Amite every Saturday. You can come up there and shoot for free. You will need to bring your own targets but we do have some stands for you to put them on. However, the 1st Saturday of each month is our IDPA match from October to May. After that, we hold various types of matches in its place. The 2nd and 3rd Saturday, it's open from 10 to 2 if it's not raining. The 4th and 5th Saturday when there is one, we open from 10 to 12 and shutdown to setup for the match we are having the next day.Our match schedule is listed on our website, www.tpsclub.org. You can also check our calendar of events to see if a Saturday might be taken by some other organization since we share the range. That way you won't make a trip and find out that you can't even shoot once you get there. Hope to see you soon

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Thanks bowhtr 1 for throwing me under the buss. (That's you, Tim?)
    Yep, it's me. We build a fairly nice range in the back yard a few months ago.
    Hope we don't upset too many neighbors with the noise. Mainly Sat/Sunday afternoons.
    Some days the boys get a little rowdy.

bowhtr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2016
    US
    When he said north of him I knew. Tried to change the post after I thought that I should not have put an​ last name. Could not figure out how. Sorry about that.
    Tim

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Ain't no big deal, just messing with you.
    We would be pretty easy to find any shooting day.
    May not want to come up the drive which all the gunfire going on.

bowhtr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2016
    US
    I go shooting out by my uncle's place in Robert. I drive my ATV to the river and cut loose. All I ever shoot here is my bow and a few 22 LR.

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    IMG_0038.jpgIMG_0038.jpg
    Somebody shoots something bigger your way, thought it was you.
    Here's a pic of one our setups.
    We shoot just about everything from 22 through 458 SOCOM with some 12 thrown in for good measure.

bowhtr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2016
    US
    Wow nice setup. I have shot some 40 cal and 12's a few times but my neighbors are not too happy when I do.

bowhtr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2016
    US
    He said he was connecting a travel trailer on the property. He may be limited on internet service.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I'm back. Got the trailer connected. Cluster f$&@ here. Turns out the family has not done the succession, so we can't close until May. Sold my other house last Monday. Kind of homeless. The son is letting me stay on the property and store furniture in the house. Had to set up a Wi-Fi extender to get service to the trailer. Water is a new issue. Pulling from the barn. Started the pump and found a leak. Fixed it and restarted, found two more. Will fix them tomorrow and hope there aren't any more. Trials and tribulations.

Top Bottom