Page 1 of 9 12 ... LastLast
    Seriously Misunderstood!

User Info Menu

Put Up or Shut Up! Again! Best Chance for Constitutional Carry is Now!

2nd Amendment hero Barry Ivy is again going to try to get the nonsensical permits removed from Concealed Carry here in Louisiana. He has pre-filed the Bill again.

http://www.ksla.com/story/35082317/l...with-no-permit

Personally, I want this to happen! There are many CC'ers, that should want this as much. But, there are a lot of people who just sit back and wait for others to do all of the heavy lifting. Bottom line is, if you too want this, you need to actually do something this time around.

If 16 other states can do this, and it is not the end of the world in them, then there is absolutely no reason Louisiana should be considered any less capable of pulling this off as state number 17.

The battle will be over the money! These scumbag politicians have damn near bankrupted this place in the last 15 years. So, the rhetoric will be about public safety, but make no mistake that will be Bullshit! It will be a smokescreen to hide the real reason these slugs are going to try to shoot it down; the money they are screwing us out of!

And of course, the Governor is a tax & spend democrap!

Nonetheless, you guys need to start getting pro-active NOW!
    Last edited by Emperor; April 7th, 2017 at 11:33 AM.
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    I don't believe in a supreme deity; but have to believe Trump's win was Divine Intervention!

All or nothing

Gold Member

User Info Menu

WORD!!
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

Free Candy!

Gold Member

User Info Menu

It is definitely getting exposure. The local news ran a very fair piece on this yesterday.

كـافر

Free Candy!

Gold Member

User Info Menu

If NRA doesn't list this on their ILA action page this time, I am completely done with the organization forever.

كـافر

Seriously Misunderstood!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vermiform View Post
    If NRA doesn't list this on their ILA action page this time, I am completely done with the organization forever.
    It'll be there.

But just their endorsement is not going to be enough. We can pull up the video of the committee meetings from the last time, and see exactly what this time is going to look like. It will be the same crew hemming and hawing about safety concerns (total horseshit BTW), spiced with a little racial lines, on top of complete moron Norton saying something completely retarded!

Are there no citizens that are democrats or black that carry or want to carry a gun to protect themselves? Jeez!

And of course, we will have opposition from those that profit from the permits.

And while Shooters USA owner Paul Murray says concealed carry classes are a big part of his business, he warns that a lack of knowledge about a firearm can be dangerous.

"That's where people get hurt is they're not familiar with their weapons. They'll, you know, take the magazine out and still pull the trigger and there's a bullet there."

Not knowing the laws about when you can and cannot shoot to defend yourself also could land you in jail, Murray said
    And to those that have that business, I get it. But it's like video poker. Those that brought the machines in were supposed to view that money as "extra income", not as a supplement to the business itself. But that is exactly what they did. Then when the machines were voted out, they all started bitching about it being taken away. We shouldn't be there on a Constitutional Right!
    Last edited by Emperor; April 7th, 2017 at 11:22 AM.
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    I don't believe in a supreme deity; but have to believe Trump's win was Divine Intervention!

Seriously Misunderstood!

User Info Menu

Here is the Bill

https://www.legis.la.gov/legis/ViewD...aspx?d=1024523

Here is the House Administration of Justice Committee:

Mack, Sherman Q. Chairman Dist. 95 R
    Pylant, Steve E.
    Vice Chair Dist. 20 R
    Bacala, Tony Member Dist. 59 R
    Bagneris, John H. Member Dist. 100 D
    Carpenter, Barbara Member Dist. 63 D
    Dwight, Stephen Member Dist. 35 R
    Gaines, Randal L. Member Dist. 57 D
    Hazel, Lowell C. "Chris" Member Dist. 27 R
    Hodges, Valarie Member Dist. 64 R
    Howard, Frank A. Member Dist. 24 R
    James, Edward C. "Ted" Member Dist. 101 D
    Landry, Terry Member Dist. 96 D
    Marcelle, Denise Member Dist. 61 D
    Marino, Joseph Member Dist. 85 I
    Norton, Barbara M. Member Dist. 3 D
    Barras, Taylor F. Ex Officio Dist. 48 R
    Leger, Walt III Ex Officio Dist. 91 D
    Last edited by Emperor; April 7th, 2017 at 11:10 AM.

Seriously Misunderstood!

User Info Menu

Below is the link for the House of Representatives Administration of Justice Committee. It will land you on a page where each member's name on that Committee is an actual "hot" link which will bring you to their personal page. You will see all of their contact information, however their e-mail addresses are NOT "hot" links. You will have to copy and paste to your email application.

http://house.louisiana.gov/H_Cmtes/CriminalJustice.aspx

If you want this to happen in this state, you will need to get motivated to get behind this effort.

Free Candy!

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    It'll be there.
    Still not there.......

كـافر

Seriously Misunderstood!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vermiform View Post
    Still not there.......
    Maybe they are making sure all of the wording in the Bill is correct before posting it?

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    We can pull up the video of the committee meetings from the last time, and see exactly what this time is going to look like. It will be the same crew hemming and hawing about safety concerns (total horseshit BTW), spiced with a little racial lines, on top of complete moron Norton saying something completely retarded!
    http://house.louisiana.gov/H_Video/V...apr/0413_16_CJ
    Skip to about 45:00 for discussion of HB4 and 6 from last year.
    At about 74:30, the most well-spoken opponent starts quoting Spiderman movies. That's about as intelligent as it gets.
    Last edited by JoeLiberty; April 11th, 2017 at 12:14 PM.