Put Up or Shut Up! Again! Best Chance for Constitutional Carry is Now!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2014
    Haughton la
    Thanks Emp for taking the time to go and testify. As you know I have done this before in front of the same committee. It is not a easy thing to do and can be very frustrating to see what our political representatives do and know. I truly wish I could go along with you but it is not in the cards this time around. I will say a prayer for your success.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The focus now is to encourage the Committee members to vote favorably. But, look! It's the same bunch as last time. The dumbocrats will be the problem, and the black dumbocrats won't even consider a favorable vote because they are all puppets to their puppet masters' narrative to disarm the citizenry; and never want to give up money from government induced fees.

Thanks for doing this. I miss going to legislative committee meetings (I used to this pretty regularly in NC when I had a more flexible work schedule), and I always got a thrill out of making the gun-grabbers uncomfortable with (what I thought were) articulate and well-reasoned points.

Mike

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    I believe the bill will be before the ACJ committee on Wednesday. There will be a schedule so check it before you go. I do not expect it to pass. Those of you that know me, know that I have participated in the legislative process on behalf of gun owners in Louisiana to an extent that no other member of Bayou Shooters has. I work behind the scenes on nearly every single gun bill and make most committee meetings to testify. The sole exception to my efforts thus far have been bills filed by Rep. Ivey. He seems to prefer to be a lone wolf. The NRA and the LSA along with other groups support constitutional carry for the state of Louisiana. I am not sure that the current bill is the correct one upon which to spend our limited political capital and effort.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    By the way, if the Sheriffs' Association opposes it (which it does), the bill is DOA on the Governor's desk. Once again, why burn capital for no reason?

Time is on our side. The more states that pass constitutional carry, the better our record becomes. The reality is that no problems have occurred in those states where constitutional carry exists. Be patient. Our time will come. There is a plan.

Also, if you don't support NRA, you are cutting your nose off to spite your face. NRA isn't perfect, but it is the best game in town. If you want to support another organization, make it the second amendment foundation. They are leading the charge in the courts. Don't forget the Louisiana Shooting Association. We are on the front lines every session and much of the time in between. The rest? Spend your money how you want, but I never see any of them in the trenches.

Dan

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I believe the bill will be before the ACJ committee on Wednesday. There will be a schedule so check it before you go. I do not expect it to pass. Those of you that know me, know that I have participated in the legislative process on behalf of gun owners in Louisiana to an extent that no other member of Bayou Shooters has. I work behind the scenes on nearly every single gun bill and make most committee meetings to testify. The sole exception to my efforts thus far have been bills filed by Rep. Ivey. He seems to prefer to be a lone wolf. The NRA and the LSA along with other groups support constitutional carry for the state of Louisiana. I am not sure that the current bill is the correct one upon which to spend our limited political capital and effort.

I believe you! And so, like every Committee hearing I have ever participated in, the fix is in. The phony dog and pony show up there is pathetic. The predetermined outcomes of Bills up there is disgusting. The backroom promises for votes in exchange for votes elsewhere is criminal! The special interests that flaunt their power without cogent explanation is a joke.

We've consistently put corrupt politicians in jail here in Louisiana for decades, ranked as the most corrupt state for years, and yet we are still a Podunk run state as if the likes of Edwin Edwards never left!! :puke:

CCW

CCW
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Louisiana
    Dan is correct. If the bill gets out of the House Committee, IF it passes the entire legislative process, JBE would never sign it. No reason to spend time, money or political capital on the issue if it has no chance of becoming law. Do not confuse my pragmatic opinion that it does not stand a chance to become law with my desire to have it become law. It is just not the right time. Just as a refresher, EWE vetoed the first Concealed Handgun bill that passed the state legislature. We had to wait until Mike Foster was Governor to pass it again.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    By the way, if the Sheriffs' Association opposes it (which it does), the bill is DOA on the Governor's desk. Once again, why burn capital for no reason?

Time is on our side. The more states that pass constitutional carry, the better our record becomes. The reality is that no problems have occurred in those states where constitutional carry exists. Be patient. Our time will come. There is a plan.

Also, if you don't support NRA, you are cutting your nose off to spite your face. NRA isn't perfect, but it is the best game in town. If you want to support another organization, make it the second amendment foundation. They are leading the charge in the courts. Don't forget the Louisiana Shooting Association. We are on the front lines every session and much of the time in between. The rest? Spend your money how you want, but I never see any of them in the trenches.

Dan

Well, we are on the tops of every list that shows how low our state ranks for anything and everything that is supposed to measure decent qualities of life and a meaningful worthwhile existence; so I don't think it is a stretch to believe we will be last to adopt Constitutional Carry.

But you are right on one thing, any one that partakes in shooting sports or believes in the Right to defend themselves and their loved ones, and doesn't join a pro-2nd group, is not doing themselves or any of us any favors.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Dan is correct. If the bill gets out of the House Committee, IF it passes the entire legislative process, JBE would never sign it. No reason to spend time, money or political capital on the issue if it has no chance of becoming law. Do not confuse my pragmatic opinion that it does not stand a chance to become law with my desire to have it become law. It is just not the right time. Just as a refresher, EWE vetoed the first Concealed Handgun bill that passed the state legislature. We had to wait until Mike Foster was Governor to pass it again.

If you read on the processes for many of the most recent states that have adopted CC, you will see that quite a few Legislatures over rode their governors vetoes to force their CC Right! That's Legislators that believe in their cause! Talk about capital!

Good luck with that in our ********!

Last edited:

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    ..................................as if the likes of Edwin Edwards never left!! :puke:

That comment was totally uncalled for. Edwin Edwards did not ruin the state, he just continued the ruin started by many before him. You seem to be placing all the blame of the crooked schemes and bad political dealings on him and not on many others that had a hand in the underhanded stuff that took place. Remember the "Long" dynasty? With that comment I now see what "color" you are and have no respect for you or any comments you make. :mad: Now, where is that ignore button that this forum so desperately needs?

CCW

CCW
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Louisiana
    If you read on the processes for many of the most recent states that have adopted CC, you will see that quite a few Legislatures over rode their governors vetoes to force their CC Right! That's Legislators that believe in their cause! Talk about capital!

Good luck with that in our ********!

The Louisiana Legislature has a history of not overriding the governor's veto. There have been less than a handful of veto overrides since Roemer was governor. No chance for the legislature to override a veto of Constitutional Carry legislation. It would be fun to watch some of the legislators squirm on whether or not to vote for it.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    That comment was totally uncalled for. Edwin Edwards did not ruin the state, he just continued the ruin started by many before him. You seem to be placing all the blame of the crooked schemes and bad political dealings on him and not on many others that had a hand in the underhanded stuff that took place. Remember the "Long" dynasty? With that comment I now see what "color" you are and have no respect for you or any comments you make. :mad: Now, where is that ignore button that this forum so desperately needs?

Are you seriously going to defend what most think is the most corrupt politician Louisiana and the country has ever seen convicted? You want to know why I used him? Because he is the face of modern day corruption in Louisiana! To go back to the 20's for reference is akin to using the term "Jive Turkey" to describe a modern day *******! ;)

Lighten up, Francis!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The Louisiana Legislature has a history of not overriding the governor's veto. There have been less than a handful of veto overrides since Roemer was governor. No chance for the legislature to override a veto of Constitutional Carry legislation. It would be fun to watch some of the legislators squirm on whether or not to vote for it.

Louisiana's Legislators are like fenced chickens. When one chicken starts moving all the rest follow! Political will is usually determined by which chicken will lead the others to the feed trough!

pangris1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    BR metro area
    Remember when the LSA worked hard to restore Louisiana Gun Owner's Rights when they backed and supported the Constitutional Carry Bills of years past?

Me neither

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/05/gun_rights_louisiana_legislatu.html

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...cle_6527b40b-778d-59a7-a33e-0946ad580bf3.html

Dan

And herein lies my general frustration. Some involved people understand that at this time the rock can't be moved, and others throw stones demanding they move the rock.

Volunteer your time to learn whats happening behind the curtain and then you might have a better idea as to where your stone throwing will do the most good.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Are you seriously going to defend what most think is the most corrupt politician Louisiana and the country has ever seen convicted? You want to know why I used him? Because he is the face of modern day corruption in Louisiana! To go back to the 20's for reference is akin to using the term "Jive Turkey" to describe a modern day *******! ;)

Lighten up, Francis!

My name is not Francis and by your posts you prove to me you dont have a clue! By your posts you are so willing to place the blame on the easiest person that you can without doing due reasearch to support your own agenda. Bad, bad, bad, bad!
    Ignore, ignore, ignore, ignore, ignore!

Last edited:

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    So, you are in the same league as he? Where is that ignore button again?

I already explained the "Francis" reference to you, I'm not explaining the ignore function of the forum, at least not this week as you are fresh out of OFII Credits (Old Fart Internet Interpretation Credits). Your account will be credited with another beginning @ 8am, Monday of next week. hit me up after that......

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    I already explained the "Francis" reference to you, I'm not explaining the ignore function of the forum, at least not this week as you are fresh out of OFII Credits (Old Fart Internet Interpretation Credits). Your account will be credited with another beginning @ 8am, Monday of next week. hit me up after that......

Thats what kind of a response I expected from you. Thanks for proving my theory of your existence! :D

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    My name is not Francis and by your posts you prove to me you dont have a clue! By your posts you are so willing to place the blame on the easiest person that you can without doing due reasearch to support your own agenda. Bad, bad, bad, bad!
    Ignore, ignore, ignore, ignore, ignore!

If I get T-boned at an intersection because someone ran a red light, I do not blame that someone's vehicle for hitting my car. I blame the driver.

Also, if I had to defend an agenda as you assert; I would be compelled to argue that my world view involves "truly" holding people accountable for their actions. Most assuredly and particularly those in positions of power! Not just pretending they did more good than bad! That is like believing Hillary Clinton is a Saint because aside from everything illegal she perpetrated, she supports the Girl Scouts!

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    If I get T-boned at an intersection because someone ran a red light, I do not blame that someone's vehicle for hitting my car. I blame the driver.

Also, if I had to defend an agenda as you assert; I would be compelled to argue that my world view involves "truly" holding people accountable for their actions. Most assuredly and particularly those in positions of power! Not just pretending they did more good than bad! That is like believing Hillary Clinton is a Saint because aside from everything illegal she perpetrated, she supports the Girl Scouts!

Point well made and taken. No arguement there. My point is/was that while Edwin Edwards was not the best for the state, neither was he the worst. And in my opinion, he did not start/create the crooked political structure in the state. It was well in place many years earlier before he first took office.

Top Bottom