Put Up or Shut Up! Again! Best Chance for Constitutional Carry is Now!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    2nd Amendment hero Barry Ivy is again going to try to get the nonsensical permits removed from Concealed Carry here in Louisiana. He has pre-filed the Bill again.

http://www.ksla.com/story/35082317/la-lawmaker-again-tries-for-concealed-carry-with-no-permit

Personally, I want this to happen! There are many CC'ers, that should want this as much. But, there are a lot of people who just sit back and wait for others to do all of the heavy lifting. Bottom line is, if you too want this, you need to actually do something this time around.

If 16 other states can do this, and it is not the end of the world in them, then there is absolutely no reason Louisiana should be considered any less capable of pulling this off as state number 17.

The battle will be over the money! These scumbag politicians have damn near bankrupted this place in the last 15 years. So, the rhetoric will be about public safety, but make no mistake that will be ********! It will be a smokescreen to hide the real reason these slugs are going to try to shoot it down; the money they are screwing us out of!

And of course, the Governor is a tax & spend democrap!

Nonetheless, you guys need to start getting pro-active NOW!

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If NRA doesn't list this on their ILA action page this time, I am completely done with the organization forever.

It'll be there.

But just their endorsement is not going to be enough. We can pull up the video of the committee meetings from the last time, and see exactly what this time is going to look like. It will be the same crew hemming and hawing about safety concerns (total horseshit BTW), spiced with a little racial lines, on top of complete moron Norton saying something completely retarded!

Are there no citizens that are democrats or black that carry or want to carry a gun to protect themselves? Jeez!

And of course, we will have opposition from those that profit from the permits.

And while Shooters USA owner Paul Murray says concealed carry classes are a big part of his business, he warns that a lack of knowledge about a firearm can be dangerous.

"That's where people get hurt is they're not familiar with their weapons. They'll, you know, take the magazine out and still pull the trigger and there's a bullet there."

Not knowing the laws about when you can and cannot shoot to defend yourself also could land you in jail, Murray said

And to those that have that business, I get it. But it's like video poker. Those that brought the machines in were supposed to view that money as "extra income", not as a supplement to the business itself. But that is exactly what they did. Then when the machines were voted out, they all started bitching about it being taken away. We shouldn't be there on a Constitutional Right!

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Here is the Bill

https://www.legis.la.gov/legis/ViewDocument.aspx?d=1024523

Here is the House Administration of Justice Committee:

Mack, Sherman Q. Chairman Dist. 95 R
    Pylant, Steve E.
    Vice Chair Dist. 20 R
    Bacala, Tony Member Dist. 59 R
    Bagneris, John H. Member Dist. 100 D
    Carpenter, Barbara Member Dist. 63 D
    Dwight, Stephen Member Dist. 35 R
    Gaines, Randal L. Member Dist. 57 D
    Hazel, Lowell C. "Chris" Member Dist. 27 R
    Hodges, Valarie Member Dist. 64 R
    Howard, Frank A. Member Dist. 24 R
    James, Edward C. "Ted" Member Dist. 101 D
    Landry, Terry Member Dist. 96 D
    Marcelle, Denise Member Dist. 61 D
    Marino, Joseph Member Dist. 85 I
    Norton, Barbara M. Member Dist. 3 D
    Barras, Taylor F. Ex Officio Dist. 48 R
    Leger, Walt III Ex Officio Dist. 91 D

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Below is the link for the House of Representatives Administration of Justice Committee. It will land you on a page where each member's name on that Committee is an actual "hot" link which will bring you to their personal page. You will see all of their contact information, however their e-mail addresses are NOT "hot" links. You will have to copy and paste to your email application.

http://house.louisiana.gov/H_Cmtes/CriminalJustice.aspx

If you want this to happen in this state, you will need to get motivated to get behind this effort.

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    We can pull up the video of the committee meetings from the last time, and see exactly what this time is going to look like. It will be the same crew hemming and hawing about safety concerns (total horseshit BTW), spiced with a little racial lines, on top of complete moron Norton saying something completely retarded!
    http://house.louisiana.gov/H_Video/VideoArchivePlayer.aspx?v=house/2016/apr/0413_16_CJ
    Skip to about 45:00 for discussion of HB4 and 6 from last year.
    At about 74:30, the most well-spoken opponent starts quoting Spiderman movies. That's about as intelligent as it gets.

Last edited:

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    and NRA hasn't done **** for Louisiana yet again......

GOA however just sent this out:

Please act immediately. Your gun rights are at stake!
    Rep. Barry Ivey (R) has introduced HB 68, which would make Louisiana a Constitutional Carry state.
    womancarrypistol.png

Gun grabbers are losing their minds.
    If this bill passes, you won't need a permission slip to defend your life.
    If this bill passes, innocent people can't be arrested for having a constitutional right without proper permission slips.
    That's why foaming-at-the-mouth gun grabbers are now threatening any legislator who co-sponsors it!
    We can't let them kill this bill by blocking co-sponsors.
    Please take just 60 seconds to go here right now to send a pre-written letter to your state representative.
    In just seconds, you can urge him or her to slap those gun grabbers in the face, by co-sponsoring and demanding a roll call vote on HB 68!
    Don't let gun grabbers take away your rights and run Louisiana like they own it.
    Please, take just 60 seconds to go here and contact your state representative.
    Let’s hand gun grabbers a crushing defeat, and help make Louisiana a Constitutional Carry state!
    In Liberty,
    Erich Pratt
    Executive Director

P.S. HB 68 would make Louisiana a Constitutional Carry state. Please go here and urge your state representative to support this bill.

Unlike the NRA, If you care about Louisiana Constitutional Carry, click the link and contact your congress critter via email.

From this point on, GOA gets my donations. NRA is dead to me.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    and NRA hasn't done **** for Louisiana yet again......

Unlike the NRA, If you care about Louisiana Constitutional Carry, click the link and contact your congress critter via email.

From this point on, GOA gets my donations. NRA is dead to me.

How do you think "Strict Scrutiny" was passed and placed in our State Constitution here? It wasn't just because the few guys on Bayoushooter that always step up, got out and again, put their money and effort where their mouths are. It was an all out push by NRA.

V, you may have lost your confidence in them for whatever reasons, but they are putting out fires all over the country. And doing a damn good job of it.

You want something to be completely disenchanted with? How about the fact there are over 300 million legally owned firearms in the US, and only about 5 million people in the NRA nationwide. Let's do some quick math, shall we? That means the average NRA Member should have 60 guns each. Yeah, right!

To me, if you are not NRA, then you damn sure should be involved with some pro-2nd group. Guys like me are in multiple pro-2nd groups! But for those of you here and out there in the US that sit on your asses and profess how much you love guns, hunting, shooting, protecting yourself and your family, carry, etc.; that ARE NOT involved in a pro-2nd A group; you are GARBAGE! You are doing nothing for the cause! You believe that you shouldn't have to fight because it's a Constitutional Right? You think your Rights are safe just because this is America? Got news for you all, your Rights are not safe; and it's because you live in America! You think whackjobs like Diane Feinstein and Charles Schumer wouldn't strip you of ANY Constitutional Rights? Particularly if they went against their perverted ideology? You must believe in rainbows and unicorns too!

How's that?

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    How do you think "Strict Scrutiny" was passed and placed in our State Constitution here? It wasn't just because the few guys on Bayoushooter that always step up, got out and again, put their money and effort where their mouths are. It was an all out push by NRA.

V, you may have lost your confidence in them for whatever reasons, but they are putting out fires all over the country. And doing a damn good job of it.

You want something to be completely disenchanted with? How about the fact there are over 300 million legally owned firearms in the US, and only about 5 million people in the NRA nationwide. Let's do some quick math, shall we? That means the average NRA Member should have 60 guns each. Yeah, right!

To me, if you are not NRA, then you damn sure should be involved with some pro-2nd group. Guys like me are in multiple pro-2nd groups! But for those of you here and out there in the US that sit on your asses and profess how much you love guns, hunting, shooting, protecting yourself and your family, carry, etc.; that ARE NOT involved in a pro-2nd A group; you are GARBAGE! You are doing nothing for the cause! You believe that you shouldn't have to fight because it's a Constitutional Right? You think your Rights are safe just because this is America? Got news for you all, your Rights are not safe; and it's because you live in America! You think whackjobs like Diane Feinstein and Charles Schumer wouldn't strip you of ANY Constitutional Rights? Particularly if they went against their perverted ideology? You must believe in rainbows and unicorns too!

How's that?

I admire the amount of drive you have but damm calling a person garbage if they love guns but are not involved in a pro 2A group is overboard.

Now I'd agree that if a person loves guns, isn't involved in a 2A group and cries about any new gun laws they would be garbage.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I admire the amount of drive you have but damm calling a person garbage if they love guns but are not involved in a pro 2A group is overboard.

Now I'd agree that if a person loves guns, isn't involved in a 2A group and cries about any new gun laws they would be garbage.

I don't think it is overboard at all! Here's why. So let's say an American citizen obtains a firearm for sport, protection, whatever. A Constitutional Right, right? That person can't just start shooting it in the parking lot of the place he or she purchased it, just because it is Constitutionally protected. They can't shoot it out of the car on their way home. They can't hold it up and show it to the stranger in the car next to them on the highway. If it is handgun, they can't just give it to their kid and let he or she start carrying it with them. They can't put it in their car or truck and drive to any state they want with it. By the way, going state to state? Also a Constitutional Right. But what's this? There are restrictions on my Constitutionally protected firearm? How did those get there? That is not what the Founders wrote the 2nd A for?

You see, these restrictions come from within and without. They come from other Americans with differing opinions, or educations, or most sadly; erroneous conceptions of what the Constitution is all about in the first place! In the last 240 years, the Constitution has been under assault by the very people that it is supposed to protect. But that is America, right? That is the will of the people, right? That is how democracy works, right?

That same democracy is in a constant battle of its own people to win for their respective sides! Which side your on is your choice! What isn't your choice is to determine that everything we have now stays as it is, and that no opposing viewpoint is allowed to change what you think; no, what you know in your heart, is right! I do not think that you have the Right to obtain a firearm and let others decide whether or not you keep it! If you are with me, and you know freedom is not free, and you know that ideological and political slugs would stop at nothing to get things changed against your beliefs, then you cannot stay on the sidelines. If you do that, you are no more helpful to what I believe than criminals that misuse firearms illegally.

We are in this together, or you are wishy-washy on your beliefs. If a person is willing to do nothing to help me protect my Rights, but to just own a firearm; then they are GARBAGE!

Last edited:

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts

How's that?

My point is that it takes the NRA absolutely zero man power to send out an action alert on this. My point is that they damn well know about this and they are suspiciously silent on it. My question is why?

jlee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 29, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My point is that it takes the NRA absolutely zero man power to send out an action alert on this. My point is that they damn well know about this and they are suspiciously silent on it. My question is why?

While I want to see this happen, I think the NRA may be holding out for a better political climate before they put their weight behind it. In my opinion, they don't want to back a horse that won't have even a chance of winning. The age old saying of "lose the battle but win the war" comes to mind.

There is a reason people ignore the Libertarian party in committee meetings and street preachers screaming "Repent, the end is near." Tact and elegance along with proper timing will ensure that this right is eventually recognized.

Ivey has certainly been cordial and respectful when bringing past bills to committee. I do hope he continues to carry the torch, but can only hope that voters help him compose the committee and legislature of similarly opinionated representatives. Because, only then, does this have a chance of becoming law.

Top Bottom