Firearm in your vehicle at a refinery?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    I believe if they have a locked fenced parking area and provide you an alternative parking area, they can make you park in the unsecured area if you have a firearm.

I seem to recall that one of the members here was instrumental in getting this passed.
    Gonna have to try to find that.

bowhtr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2016
    US
    We have specific parking spots in the outside parking lot for anyone wanting to bring a firearm to work. You have to fill out a request once a year with the company. The company does own the parking lot and we don't get the closest spots.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

bowhtr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2016
    US
    Those of us that drive in the plant can not bring one in.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Depending on what refinery you work at, there are several who have different company policies that conform to the law, and you just have to ask them for their policy. Here at Valero you have to unload your weapon and store it in your vehicle before you get on plant property. It has to be out of sight preferably in a locked compartment or case and your vehicle has to be locked. Some places provide a parking lot, and some have storage facility available.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Depending on what refinery you work at, there are several who have different company policies that conform to the law, and you just have to ask them for their policy. Here at Valero you have to unload your weapon and store it in your vehicle before you get on plant property. It has to be out of sight preferably in a locked compartment or case and your vehicle has to be locked. Some places provide a parking lot, and some have storage facility available.

Here it is again in black and white:
    https://www.nraila.org/articles/2008...ate-bill-51-ac

Last edited:
    Top Bottom