FirstNet & ATT Deal

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • El Rubio

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    I know there are a lot of first responders on this forum and am curious what you guys think of the recent Firstnet/AT&T deal that gives AT&T 20MHz of spectrum in the 700MHz band for 25 years. AT&T will build out a broadband network while being able to utilize the spectrum for regular customers. First responders will have priority usage and will gain over the top features like streaming video for example. Supposedly, actual first responder usage of this spectrum is around 1% of the time. This is where AT&T will make money by using the unused spectrum for regular customers. What makes it ideal is the frequency. AT&T already has carriers in 700MHz and the new spectrum can be aggregated with the current to deliver very wideband LTE channels increasing data rates. 700MHz is also prime real estate in wireless and outperforms higher frequencies in building/foliage penetration. Looks like a win/win to me.

DerpMeister

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Zachary
    Looks like a win/win to me.

Until the damn thing does NOT reach the full strength... As my **** has not since getting it. They simply will not examine 900 feet more! AT&T SUCKS, the place has gotten too many people involved, I am in the process of dumping that firm... forever.

icetraxx

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    Denham Springs
    I found it really interesting that ATT was down and is still pretty degraded since the great flood while verizon has been fine. I have both carriers on my person(work phone and personal phone) at all times and it is amazing to see how bad ATT sucks in the area compared to verizon.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Until the damn thing does NOT reach the full strength... As my **** has not since getting it. They simply will not examine 900 feet more! AT&T SUCKS, the place has gotten too many people involved, I am in the process of dumping that firm... forever.

Are you going with Verizon? My AT&T service has been terrible since the flood.

icetraxx

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Yes. I am. My parents live in central and are on our plan. Sitting in their livingroom I will have 3 bars on verizon and 1 to 0 bars for ATT. That is just an example. I live in north Dehnam off Dunn. During and after the flood verizon was the only system working out here. What I heard is several ATT hubs went under.

BigP623

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2014
    Lacombe, LA
    Verizon is worth the money. I rarely have service issues anywhere I go in Louisiana, and I hit the woods in St. Helena parish very often, and even have 4G service when Im in the stand. Others in the same club as me have ATT and can only text if they are lucky when in the woods. A couple of them have invested in cheap Verizon phones with limited minutes/text/data just for emergency use in the woods.
    But I had Alltel before Verizon purchased them so Im kind of partial to my plan as well...:)

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I found it really interesting that ATT was down and is still pretty degraded since the great flood while verizon has been fine. I have both carriers on my person(work phone and personal phone) at all times and it is amazing to see how bad ATT sucks in the area compared to verizon.

Yep. And has anyone forgot that after Katrina ATT started charging us more so they could build a network that would work during natural disasters. What a waste that was.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom