Louisiana Shooters Association Junior Program

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kajanone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Several years ago I tried to get my middle son involved in a Juniors program that was being run by the LSA. He was already wrapped up in baseball and football at the time and the 2 hr ride to Gonzales made it to where we never got involved. My youngest son is getting big enough to handle a NM AR15 and I would like to get him involved in shooting Hi Power matches. I have searched all over the LSA new website and I can't find any contact info... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Barry Uze
    Baldwin, LA

DH Vidrine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    Barry, send me a personal message through this forum and I will put you in contact with the director of the LSA junior shooting program.

Dwayne Vidrine

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Look at LSA, The Louisiana Shooting Assoc., They have a web site and this should give you information on some of the area matches. Also, look up Palo Alto Gun Club as they hold rifle matches as well.
    If he would like to shoot handguns, there is the USPSA, which is an action type pistol match. We hold matches at the Acension Sheriff range and at Palo Alto. Look at "LaGator.org" to find more information on these matches.
    If you can't find the information your looking for, then send me a PM and I'll help get you some info.

Bryan

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    I'm the Junior program Director. Our next match where he can shoot is next Sunday April 23 at the sheriffs range in Gonzales. Be there at 730am and make sure you have signed him up as a member of the LSA. We provide a rifle, ammo, and all necessary equipment he will need and will assign him a coach. Hope to see you out there

Kajanone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    We plan on being there. We were at that range yesterday for the LA State 4H CMP 22 Rifle Championships. I told a friend about your Junior program; he is interested and may bring his son who also competes in the CMP 22LR program with 4H. My son's name is John Andrew Uze; the other boy is Gage Battaglio.

Kajanone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    John: He shot that first match in April 2017. I think he scored a 290/500. He shot his 16th High Power Match yesterday with you coaching him at Palo Alto. I know it has been a slow progression with him and I greatly appreciate your patience and help. He has gone from shooting in the 50% range to the low 80's. Thanks again to you and all those who have coached him along the way.

owen502

Don't Ban Me Bro
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    That's great news. Keep it up and bring a friend.

John: He shot that first match in April 2017. I think he scored a 290/500. He shot his 16th High Power Match yesterday with you coaching him at Palo Alto. I know it has been a slow progression with him and I greatly appreciate your patience and help. He has gone from shooting in the 50% range to the low 80's. Thanks again to you and all those who have coached him along the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom