WTS: 1903 Springfield rifle and bayonet for sale

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHW2021

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Abita Springs
    Listing for a friend in financial times. 1903 Springfield rifle The gun came from the estate of a local gunsmith who passed on about 10IMG_0830.JPGIMG_0825.JPGIMG_0840.jpg years ago, it has been in the closet for quite a while. The rifle is a Mark 1 with the Peterson cut and should be a *double heat treated* receiver . The barrel date is 9-19 and the serial # matches the date range. The bore is (to my mind) sharp and clear in very good to almost excellent condition.
    It seems to have been re-arsenalled at some point after 1928 as it has a *C* type stock and a metal finish that appears to be a light Parkerizing over bluing. I have no idea of the history of this rifle and and am offering it as a *complete * issue gun including front sight cover, cleaning jag and string, oiler and what seems to be an original type (I have not seen date/maker stamp) sling. Included is a Springfield bayonet that is uncut and in a canvas/leather cover over a wood body. I have no doubts about the bayonet sheath being original as there is some deterioration to the wood that can not be replicated.
    Asking $1,100.00 will discuss offer and can send additional photos.

Prefer face to face on Northshore.

Sold. Please remove ad

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom