FRC/Force on Force

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TerryK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Albany, LA
    Just did the force on force class today and it was great. The instructors are very professional and knowledgeable. The material was very relevant to the subject, such as, shoot don't shoot, when to draw when not to. And the facility is just awesome.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I wish I could have made it this past weekend...but I think my cruise may have been just as fun!

FRC Indoor Range

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2017
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Cole, Can you tell me more about the facility? "based on what info I've found it sounds 1st class"

Of course! Our gun range has 7 lanes with 8 more on the way out to 25 yards. All lanes are well lit all the way down range with an option to dim the lights in the shooting booth to use your night sights. The ventilation system is the absolute best one on the market and purifies all the air in the range about every 60 seconds.

The shoot house was designed by a guy who designed shoot house's at FT Knox. It's two stories, 3200 square feet, has multiple rooms downstairs that can be adjusted as necessary. Right now we have one room set up like a restaurant/connivence store, a living room outfitted with a large TV, and the upstairs is a bedroom with a full size bed, a TV and a computer to provide ambient light for a break in scenario at night, along with multiple smaller rooms that have very difficult angles to clear. All recorded on our cameras so we can play it back and you can see yourself and how to improve.

We use Force on Force simunitions while shooting at real people so you can actually see where your shots are impacting the bad guy.

We have a police light bar that we use to simulate the police arresting you after you call 911 after shooting someone. One of our instructors who is a police officer will physically handcuff you to make the aftermath of a shooting as realistic as possible.

There really is no training like it. When the adrenaline gets pumping and you have a bad guy (me) in your house and shooting back at you a lot of the training were used goes out the window. In the army we say "train how you fight" and this is exactly that.

I hope I answered your questions!

-Cole

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Of course! Our gun range has 7 lanes with 8 more on the way out to 25 yards. All lanes are well lit all the way down range with an option to dim the lights in the shooting booth to use your night sights. The ventilation system is the absolute best one on the market and purifies all the air in the range about every 60 seconds.

The shoot house was designed by a guy who designed shoot house's at FT Knox. It's two stories, 3200 square feet, has multiple rooms downstairs that can be adjusted as necessary. Right now we have one room set up like a restaurant/connivence store, a living room outfitted with a large TV, and the upstairs is a bedroom with a full size bed, a TV and a computer to provide ambient light for a break in scenario at night, along with multiple smaller rooms that have very difficult angles to clear. All recorded on our cameras so we can play it back and you can see yourself and how to improve.

We use Force on Force simunitions while shooting at real people so you can actually see where your shots are impacting the bad guy.

We have a police light bar that we use to simulate the police arresting you after you call 911 after shooting someone. One of our instructors who is a police officer will physically handcuff you to make the aftermath of a shooting as realistic as possible.

There really is no training like it. When the adrenaline gets pumping and you have a bad guy (me) in your house and shooting back at you a lot of the training were used goes out the window. In the army we say "train how you fight" and this is exactly that.

I hope I answered your questions!

-Cole

Cole, This sounds amazing for sure and I think you guys will do great. I hope to get in on a FoF class soon. You guys should do a walk though video to show out of town customers what the facility has to offer.

Thanks for the info!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Cole, This sounds amazing for sure and I think you guys will do great. I hope to get in on a FoF class soon. You guys should do a walk though video to show out of town customers what the facility has to offer.

Thanks for the info!

That's a great idea! Whenever you plan on coming in for FoF, let me know, I might come!

Top Bottom