GUYS WHO HERE Knew about Wal-Mart doing Ffl transfers for FREE?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    If you like the Walmart, then go for it! I will happily drive the half mile past them and hand my $20 to a pawn shop that does my transfers. And it is always fun to browse the gun section while they call in my info.

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Who charges $45 for a transfer moe?

Who charges $45 for a transfer moe?

Sam's firearms In houma..use to be called houma autoparts .and last time I checked about a year ago tri-parish in houma charges $40..

I just want to say that Sam's gunstore in houma are great guys and they have worked with me before and they're great people..but there transfer fees are high..

As for academy not giving deals true dat but there prices are usually $20-30 cheaper..

I will continue to buy from everywhere including Jefferson gunoutlet when I'm in the market for a new gun but LGS have to learn how to compete with big box stores..

It's a training issue,I think these mom and pop store owners and employees need retraining..

FRC Indoor Range

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2017
    Baton Rouge, LA
    We only charge $30 for non members, $15 for silver members and free transfers for gold members.

-Cole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    We only charge $30 for non members, $15 for silver members and free transfers for gold members.

-Cole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went looking for your place today to shoot thinking it was on Choctaw near Sherwood. Unable to find it I went back to Walker.

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    JGO has given me deals before, but its been a while. Not sure what's happening there now. I know academy won't budge $.50... Like any business there are good and bad ones. Attrition and greed tends to wipe out the bad ones.
    I've never been to a shoe store that would deal. I'd be happy to find one willing to special order shoes for me! I'm tired of paying Good Feet to find shoes that will fit me right... and Hibbet all but laughed at me when I asked them to order me some.

The shoe game is a bit different for mom and pops stores.we put in our orders 6months in advance..they send us a catalog of stock photos(and sometimes a drawing of the shoe lol),we tell nike and Jordon how many pairs,sizes,widths etc that we want and 6months later we receive our shoes..
    If a customer walks in and sees a shoe on my wall and I don't have his size or width then he's pretty much out of luck because nike and Jordon hardly ever have extra stock..

If you walk in a box store like hibbits or footlocker and ask them to order a shoe or size,they'll order it from one of there other stores maybe in a different state not directly from nike or Jordon ..theyll know which one of there stores will have it because it's all in there database..

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I would like to hear from someone that actually used Wally World to do a transfer and get their opinion on how the transaction went. I personally would not use them for a transfer and I know no one that has.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    Sorry but Mom and pop gun stores need to step there game up..i WAS JUST AT Jefferson gunoutlet yesterday with $580 in my pockets browsing around looking to buy something that catches my eyes..low and behold I see a S&W m&p 2.0 which was going for $549.99 plus tax...i wanted it but all I had was $580 on me and I asked the guy if he's willing to let it go for $550 out the door?he said NO he can't and it'll be $549 plus tax about $590 something..he seemed like he wasn't interested in doing business..as soon as I'm about to tell him that I just have $580,the other sales men thats also there on the computer happily yells out OH YES WE'RE GETTING THOSE NEW (INSERT GUN NAME) by the end of the week,well the salesmen that I was talking to ran over to the other salesman and burried his head in the computer with the other guy
    ..completly blowed me off..
    I walked out and said I'll be back later when I get some more money..he was like "ok yea"(both of the salesman eyes are still focused on the computer screen..)I don't know what the hell they where looking at in the computer or what they where about to be getting But what ever it was,it seemed like it was more important than a customer(me) with money in hand wanting to buy a gun...

On my way back home to get $20 and go back,I stopped at academy and they had the same S&W mp 2.0 for $529plus tax..

I ended up not buying the gun and I just brought some accessories like a vortex viper redot and other stuff online for my guns that I already have ..

Oh I forgot to mention that I AM ALSO a mom and pop store that holds nike,jordon,levis and a slew of other accounts at my shop..i have to compete with big stores like champs and footlocker and ONLINE STORES..
    If any of my employees acted like that then they would get fired ASAP...i give deals,I don't turn any sale down..alot of stuff I have sold for cost price to customers who didn't have all the money to pay for what they wanted..

Jefferson gunoutlet is not the only gunstlre that does this,pagulias(spell check),Gretna gunworks etc they all don't negotiate with customers..ffs they are selling there guns for retail prices,I know there's a little wiggle room to negotiate with someone who's $10-$20short..

Sorry for the rant but I've had enough of the B.S. that a lot of these "mom and pops" gun STORES do..
    I am also seriously considering opening a gunstore in the future and show these guys how to run one properly..

Your expectations of the margins are off. You would be surprised at how little margin there is in guns. I know from wholesale to msrp is might be 20% but usually things sell abit less. unless its a MAP price. but seriously.. unless you are in a buying group that take 100k to be in and then on top of the cost of the large outlay of a gun lot.. its usually only 15% ..

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Sorry but Mom and pop gun stores need to step there game up..i WAS JUST AT Jefferson gunoutlet yesterday with $580 in my pockets browsing around looking to buy something that catches my eyes..low and behold I see a S&W m&p 2.0 which was going for $549.99 plus tax...i wanted it but all I had was $580 on me and I asked the guy if he's willing to let it go for $550 out the door?he said NO he can't and it'll be $549 plus tax about $590 something..he seemed like he wasn't interested in doing business..as soon as I'm about to tell him that I just have $580,the other sales men thats also there on the computer happily yells out OH YES WE'RE GETTING THOSE NEW (INSERT GUN NAME) by the end of the week,well the salesmen that I was talking to ran over to the other salesman and burried his head in the computer with the other guy
    ..completly blowed me off..
    I walked out and said I'll be back later when I get some more money..he was like "ok yea"(both of the salesman eyes are still focused on the computer screen..)I don't know what the hell they where looking at in the computer or what they where about to be getting But what ever it was,it seemed like it was more important than a customer(me) with money in hand wanting to buy a gun...

On my way back home to get $20 and go back,I stopped at academy and they had the same S&W mp 2.0 for $529plus tax..

I ended up not buying the gun and I just brought some accessories like a vortex viper redot and other stuff online for my guns that I already have ..

Oh I forgot to mention that I AM ALSO a mom and pop store that holds nike,jordon,levis and a slew of other accounts at my shop..i have to compete with big stores like champs and footlocker and ONLINE STORES..
    If any of my employees acted like that then they would get fired ASAP...i give deals,I don't turn any sale down..alot of stuff I have sold for cost price to customers who didn't have all the money to pay for what they wanted..

Jefferson gunoutlet is not the only gunstlre that does this,pagulias(spell check),Gretna gunworks etc they all don't negotiate with customers..ffs they are selling there guns for retail prices,I know there's a little wiggle room to negotiate with someone who's $10-$20short..

Sorry for the rant but I've had enough of the B.S. that a lot of these "mom and pops" gun STORES do..
    I am also seriously considering opening a gunstore in the future and show these guys how to run one properly..

Like themcfarland said, gun margins suck. As a business owner, you should understand how hard it would be to lower the price 10% on a gun they probably have a 15% margin on? If you only made 5% profit on your shoes, how long ago would you have been out of business? I completely agree about the poor customer service though. That's the one thing keeping small business brick-and-mortar alive, if a shop isn't doing that right, they're destined for failure.

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    I wish I would have known that 2-300 firearms ago.Crapppp.

Could have saved $1000s.Ima have to go ask wife,she a manager there for 36 years.
    She never said nuttin,hmmm.Im betting all wallys don't do it.

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    UPdate:

No,this is BS.I just called 5 wallys in the area,as well as speaking to wife.
    Not one of them said they accepted firearms from anyone else other than
    another wally.Now they did say you could order from them,if the company's
    they use had it in stock.And yes it is free to have a 4473 done at wally
    when you buy a firearm from them,But so do most everyone that sells
    firearms ,other than online sales.If you buy a firearm from a local dealer,of
    course he is going to do a 4473 for ya.His inventory is marked up to do
    so.

Anyway,the store over in BR or wherever may do it,but none in my area do.

I will call corp wally tmw to back up what the local stores told me and find
    out what stores do accept outside dealers firearms to be shipped to them.
    If Any.

Have a Great Day !!!

Last edited:

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    UPdate:

No,this is BS.I just called 5 wallys in the area,as well as speaking to wife.
    Not one of them said they accepted firearms from anyone else other than
    another wally.Now they did say you could order from them,if the company's
    they use had it in stock.And yes it is free to have a 4473 done at wally
    when you buy a firearm from them,But so do most everyone that sells
    firearms ,other than online sales.If you buy a firearm from a local dealer,of
    course he is going to do a 4473 for ya.His inventory is marked up to do
    so.

Anyway,the store over in BR or wherever may do it,but none in my area do.

I will call corp wally tmw to back up what the local stores told me and find
    out what stores do accept outside dealers firearms to be shipped to them.
    If Any.

Have a Great Day !!!

LMAO have you seen one post that makes you think anyone would use Walmart for a transfer even if they did offer the service for free?

Walmart workers can’t properly screw in a oil plug and we should trust them with a gun transfer??

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    I agree with ya there.Most of the off street workers are as you say,worhless.
    In fact the stats at her store are around 78% turnover rate.About 1 in 50
    applicants actually stay more than 3 days.

But if I was to do a xfer at wally,I would just have a manager over that dept do it.
    I'm sure wally trys to make sure its done right,they are held responsible for it by
    the atf. I would think they check it the same as they do with all FFLs,and all
    stores that sell firearms,like academy,cabelas,etc.I have seen way more competent
    people at wally than some of those sporting good stores.AT least at wally,they try
    to train them for that dept.At academy and others,they just hire and say go work
    here.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Since they pulled the evil black rifles off the shelf I doubt they would transfer one from a outside supplier. I think the *free transfer * refers to ordering a rifle that they sell but don’t have in stock at the store. If a AR showed up in the store (for transfer) they would probably call 911 thinking it was about to go on a killing spree.

Top Bottom