GUYS WHO HERE Knew about Wal-Mart doing Ffl transfers for FREE?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Today I ordered something off Psa and I was surprised to know that they ship guns to Wal-Mart..the best part about it is that Wal-Mart does NOT CHARGE A FEE FOR THE TRANSFER...this is freaking AWESOME..i called up the lady at Wal-Mart and she told me it was free so I didn't believe her,then i talked to the manager AND HE ALSO TOLD ME THAT IT IS FREE...this is absolutely AMAZING.

I am I late to the party?did you guys know about this?

tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    Not surprised, but the poor interactions I've had with Walmart employees before makes paying 20.00 for a ffl transfer worth it to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    I am going to have to agree. It is hard enough to find someone with half a brain to open the ammo cabinet. Don't know if I want them dealing with ffl paperwork.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Wal Mart in Thibodaux lost their gun selling privileges. Heard it was something about not logging firearms correctly when they closed for Katrina.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    I was not aware that they did this, much less for free. I will stick with my usual ffl guy though since he is located only about 2 miles from my closest wally world and I tend to trust him more than wally world in handling transfers.

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    I was not aware that they did this, much less for free. I will stick with my usual ffl guy though since he is located only about 2 miles from my closest wally world and I tend to trust him more than wally world in handling transfers.

I agree with that. Wally World and Guns just don't sound right.
    Wingate

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I could see a free Walmart transfer turning into a cluster f**k. What happens if the receiving store "loses" ur firearm? You know, that STI 2011 you've been saving a long time for. They just cannot find it. Joe Blow the part time janitor signed for it.
    Can you say litigation as ur only potential recourse path?

No thanks, I'll pass.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    Thanks but I'll pass...rather give my money to Meplat Group any day of the week. It's hard enough getting someone to sell me ammo at wally world. I couldn't imagine the nightmare a transfer would be.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Y'all are missing the bigger picture. Do you really want to cut a revenue stream for the mom and pop gun shops? When the gun shops are out of business and walmart decides to stop doing transfers or even selling guns where are you going to go?

Anybody want to make a list of the stores that used to sell guns then decided it wasn't worth it? (most are out of business but I think that's coincidence...). I'll start with oshman's, service merchandise, k-mart, sears, western auto...

Marlin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2015
    Baton Rouge
    That is good news, but I totally agree, it's hard enough to find an employee even working the sporting good section much less wait for you to fill out the paperwork. I'm gonna stick to paying the $20-$25 at the mom and pop shop just to avoid the hassle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Y'all are missing the bigger picture. Do you really want to cut a revenue stream for the mom and pop gun shops? When the gun shops are out of business and walmart decides to stop doing transfers or even selling guns where are you going to go?

Anybody want to make a list of the stores that used to sell guns then decided it wasn't worth it? (most are out of business but I think that's coincidence...). I'll start with oshman's, service merchandise, k-mart, sears, western auto...

Sorry but Mom and pop gun stores need to step there game up..i WAS JUST AT Jefferson gunoutlet yesterday with $580 in my pockets browsing around looking to buy something that catches my eyes..low and behold I see a S&W m&p 2.0 which was going for $549.99 plus tax...i wanted it but all I had was $580 on me and I asked the guy if he's willing to let it go for $550 out the door?he said NO he can't and it'll be $549 plus tax about $590 something..he seemed like he wasn't interested in doing business..as soon as I'm about to tell him that I just have $580,the other sales men thats also there on the computer happily yells out OH YES WE'RE GETTING THOSE NEW (INSERT GUN NAME) by the end of the week,well the salesmen that I was talking to ran over to the other salesman and burried his head in the computer with the other guy
    ..completly blowed me off..
    I walked out and said I'll be back later when I get some more money..he was like "ok yea"(both of the salesman eyes are still focused on the computer screen..)I don't know what the hell they where looking at in the computer or what they where about to be getting But what ever it was,it seemed like it was more important than a customer(me) with money in hand wanting to buy a gun...

On my way back home to get $20 and go back,I stopped at academy and they had the same S&W mp 2.0 for $529plus tax..

I ended up not buying the gun and I just brought some accessories like a vortex viper redot and other stuff online for my guns that I already have ..

Oh I forgot to mention that I AM ALSO a mom and pop store that holds nike,jordon,levis and a slew of other accounts at my shop..i have to compete with big stores like champs and footlocker and ONLINE STORES..
    If any of my employees acted like that then they would get fired ASAP...i give deals,I don't turn any sale down..alot of stuff I have sold for cost price to customers who didn't have all the money to pay for what they wanted..

Jefferson gunoutlet is not the only gunstlre that does this,pagulias(spell check),Gretna gunworks etc they all don't negotiate with customers..ffs they are selling there guns for retail prices,I know there's a little wiggle room to negotiate with someone who's $10-$20short..

Sorry for the rant but I've had enough of the B.S. that a lot of these "mom and pops" gun STORES do..
    I am also seriously considering opening a gunstore in the future and show these guys how to run one properly..

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I see y'alls point about not even being able to find someone to unlock the ammo case lol,it happens alot..i have my psak47 shipping to them and I'll let y'all know how it goes..

Sure beats paying $35-45 transfer fee at these mom and pops stores ..

Robbie

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   1
    Nov 8, 2011
    Elmwood, LA 70123
    I know a guy who charges $20.00

I see y'alls point about not even being able to find someone to unlock the ammo case lol,it happens alot..i have my psak47 shipping to them and I'll let y'all know how it goes..

Sure beats paying $35-45 transfer fee at these mom and pops stores ..

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Sorry but Mom and pop gun stores need to step there game up..i WAS JUST AT Jefferson gunoutlet yesterday with $580 in my pockets browsing around looking to buy something that catches my eyes..low and behold I see a S&W m&p 2.0 which was going for $549.99 plus tax...i wanted it but all I had was $580 on me and I asked the guy if he's willing to let it go for $550 out the door?he said NO he can't and it'll be $549 plus tax about $590 something..he seemed like he wasn't interested in doing business..as soon as I'm about to tell him that I just have $580,the other sales men thats also there on the computer happily yells out OH YES WE'RE GETTING THOSE NEW (INSERT GUN NAME) by the end of the week,well the salesmen that I was talking to ran over to the other salesman and burried his head in the computer with the other guy
    ..completly blowed me off..
    I walked out and said I'll be back later when I get some more money..he was like "ok yea"(both of the salesman eyes are still focused on the computer screen..)I don't know what the hell they where looking at in the computer or what they where about to be getting But what ever it was,it seemed like it was more important than a customer(me) with money in hand wanting to buy a gun...

On my way back home to get $20 and go back,I stopped at academy and they had the same S&W mp 2.0 for $529plus tax..

I ended up not buying the gun and I just brought some accessories like a vortex viper redot and other stuff online for my guns that I already have ..

Oh I forgot to mention that I AM ALSO a mom and pop store that holds nike,jordon,levis and a slew of other accounts at my shop..i have to compete with big stores like champs and footlocker and ONLINE STORES..
    If any of my employees acted like that then they would get fired ASAP...i give deals,I don't turn any sale down..alot of stuff I have sold for cost price to customers who didn't have all the money to pay for what they wanted..

Jefferson gunoutlet is not the only gunstlre that does this,pagulias(spell check),Gretna gunworks etc they all don't negotiate with customers..ffs they are selling there guns for retail prices,I know there's a little wiggle room to negotiate with someone who's $10-$20short..

Sorry for the rant but I've had enough of the B.S. that a lot of these "mom and pops" gun STORES do..
    I am also seriously considering opening a gunstore in the future and show these guys how to run one properly..

JGO has given me deals before, but its been a while. Not sure what's happening there now. I know academy won't budge $.50... Like any business there are good and bad ones. Attrition and greed tends to wipe out the bad ones.
    I've never been to a shoe store that would deal. I'd be happy to find one willing to special order shoes for me! I'm tired of paying Good Feet to find shoes that will fit me right... and Hibbet all but laughed at me when I asked them to order me some.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom