Who said women can't shoot or do well in combat ?!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    My wife is a skeet shooting machine. I used to take her to the club to pull for me, then one day she wanted to try it out. Sent me and three other guys slinking off the pads with our mouths hanging open wondering how it all happened. I find women have naturally smooth "swing" motion. Guess that's why they are good at golf as well. Or... it could just be all that practice at throwing stuff at their husbands and being confident they will hit where they are aiming!

Last edited:

Ronin_Jedi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    US
    <href>sofrep.com/49067/jegertroppen-norways-female-special-forces-unit/<a href>

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    My wife is a skeet shooting machine. I used to take her to the club to pull for me, then one day she wanted to try it out. Sent me and three other guys slinking off the pads with our mouths hanging open wondering how it all happened. I find women have naturally smooth "swing" motion. Guess that's why they are good at golf as well. Or... it could just be all that practice at throwing stuff at their husbands and being confident they will hit where they are aiming!

Same happened to me. First time my wife shot a shotgun, she beat all 3 of us men at killing clays.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    Google the names Julia Watson and Sherri Jo Gallagher, both National rifle champions, and really nice people too.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I have always felt that capability has more to do with "want" than anything else...

Rifle shooting from most positions really does not favor either sex, standing with a heavy rifle may favor men, depending on build and strength.

Men generally have larger upper body mass, and larger bone structure to go with that. Note that I say generally, I have seen alot of tiny dudes recently, and quite a few bigger build gals. Someone who weighs 110 lbs will have small build and low muscle mass, so they will have more trouble controlling the forces required to shoot, regardless of gender.

Upper body strength coupled with build size and muscle memory (for lack of a better term) contributes to better handgun handling. In my estimation there are more men than women doing hands on, blue collar work. Anyone working with their hands on a daily basis has increased strength and dexterity in their hands and arms over someone who does not, and those attributes help in properly controlling a handgun. I feel this is why men seem to be able to handle handguns better, especially a heavier model in a large caliber. This is all considered in the absence of training. With training, both physical and academic, I believe anyone can shoot effectively.

Take a look at all of the top shooters, they all have well defined arms and I am sure they all have a good, firm handshake!

ALVIN GOLDEN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2016
    covington, la
    There is so much they can do as well as a man, but can they carry you out of harm's way when you are hit? Can they carry the parts of a 50 cal, or that extra ammo you might need? They have their place but not on small teams. I just read one woman was a tank commander, I know she can not change those darn tracks. We just have to be real when we talk about them, just as you would a small man.
    Alvin

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    There is so much they can do as well as a man, but can they carry you out of harm's way when you are hit? Can they carry the parts of a 50 cal, or that extra ammo you might need? They have their place but not on small teams. I just read one woman was a tank commander, I know she can not change those darn tracks. We just have to be real when we talk about them, just as you would a small man.
    Alvin
    Lol. Just get a friend of mine started on women attached to his unit had to be evaced from the field every couple of days so they could go shower. Its considered medically necessary.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Some women are definitely good shooters. Two of my closest friends are female and both are a better shot than I am. Wait, did I just admit that to everyone on BayouShooter...

automan71

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    New Iberia
    Reminds me of a recent, local article...

An elderly lady, in the next town, was sleeping on her sofa with a handgun nearby. Two thugs broke in through the back door. She woke, grabbed her handgun and fired, hitting one guy 4 times and the other once. The thugs fired one round in the exchange. Police picked up the one with multiple wounds down the street. The other escaped, but was being tracked by a blood trail.

The old woman can definitely shoot!

Top Bottom