Back up cameras

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • West

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Baton Rouge, louisiana
    Anybody here ever install these on there car or SUV? If so what are some good ones to get?Thinking about getting one for the wife's car

Sent from my HTCD100LVW using Tapatalk

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Costco had some for sale when I went today. No experience with them but they usually carry quality electronics there.

BigP623

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2014
    Lacombe, LA
    The thing about back up cameras is they will require some sort of monitor. They make some cool things nowadays including ones that are built in to aftermarket rear view mirrors. If you have kids, it may be worth the investment into a double DIN in dash DVD/Radio. The ones today have tons of features that new vehicles come with as options like the back up camera, navigation, app support (apple and android), XM radio etc....and the ability to play a DVD for the kiddos. Also they have AV outputs it you would like to add a rear monitor for the kids as well.

West

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Baton Rouge, louisiana
    The thing about back up cameras is they will require some sort of monitor. They make some cool things nowadays including ones that are built in to aftermarket rear view mirrors. If you have kids, it may be worth the investment into a double DIN in dash DVD/Radio. The ones today have tons of features that new vehicles come with as options like the back up camera, navigation, app support (apple and android), XM radio etc....and the ability to play a DVD for the kiddos. Also they have AV outputs it you would like to add a rear monitor for the kids as well.
    I will have to look into that.

Sent from my HTCD100LVW using Tapatalk

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    If you're a "do it yourselfer" I can tell you what you need, or you can come shop with me. We sell and install a lot of backup cameras at my store. If you want, send me a PM with your phone number and I'll be happy to call you.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I put a dvd head unit in the wife's jeep and a backup camera in the bumper- flush mounted and better than the factory option at a cheap price, very easy install. Also have 2 cameras on my truck with overhead dvd monitor, total cost for that setup was well under $200. The cameras are cheap and I have replaced one after breaking it at several years old. They make hooking up a trailer a breeze.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom