Stolen Beretta PX4 Storm .45 cal

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    My son left his handgun in his truck overnight and it was stolen from his apartment on Seigen Lane. He knows he did wrong. Please be on the lookout.

Thanks

UPDATE: NRA has refused to honor the insurance claim because there was no sign of forced entry, even with the police report. Moral of story - If someone steals a gun out of your car and doesn't break the window, you need to break it yourself if you plan on filing a claim with NRA.

Last edited:

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Hey neighbor; my son-in-law had a SIG 320 lifted from his unlocked truck a couple weeks ago up off Brown Road.
    Was in a rush and forgot to lock it up. He too knew better, expensive lesson learned.
    His neighbor had some security video of the 3 little bastards pulling on his vehicle doors about 1am.
    Sheriffs office says they have some leads, time will tell.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Hi Doc. Still waiting to close. Got tired of sleeping in the trailer so we commandeered the house and took over the bedroom. Succession ad ran Friday, so we should close next week. Can't really do anything to the house until we close. We are technically squatting :)

Last edited:

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    No word so far. He's about to find out whether the NRA firearms insurance is worth a damn or not. He filed yesterday.

Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    If the gun is recovered by BRPD it will end up in my hands, I will be test fired and entered into NIBIN. I will then be checked against the ATF data base.
    Now, when it can be released to the owner will depend on a few things. If it was picked up as evidence, it can't be released until the court case is over. If it is used in a capital crime, it will never be released from evidence.
    If it is recovered as found property it can be released once it has been cleared through NIBIN. But if I match it to another crime, as my friend says, I will put it in gun jail.

Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    My son may have called you by now. Thanks for the heads-up.
    Yes, he did call. I was test firing guns when he called. He was very polite. I let him know how recovered guns are handled and what could delay it getting back to him if it was recovered in a crime.
    I also told him that if it is recovered through out dept. I would make sure that it is cleaned and oiled before placed back into evidence.
    Not all police are gun guys and not all gun guys are police. I urge all gun owners to take photos of their guns and the SN#. So if it is ever stolen you have the SN# and a photo the show the officer. If a gun is reported stolen with the SN# it will be entered into NCIC . When a LEO runs the SN# of a gun, it is checked in NCIC, which is nation wide.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Yes, he did call. I was test firing guns when he called. He was very polite. I let him know how recovered guns are handled and what could delay it getting back to him if it was recovered in a crime.
    I also told him that if it is recovered through out dept. I would make sure that it is cleaned and oiled before placed back into evidence.
    Not all police are gun guys and not all gun guys are police. I urge all gun owners to take photos of their guns and the SN#. So if it is ever stolen you have the SN# and a photo the show the officer. If a gun is reported stolen with the SN# it will be entered into NCIC . When a LEO runs the SN# of a gun, it is checked in NCIC, which is nation wide.

I will say this, thanks for your help in this matter to the members affected in this situation! And also thanks for your attention to detail in the care of the firearms you deal with in your job! :hi5:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom